ICT Test Technician 8/31/2016
San Jose, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY As part of Integrated Service offering in the Bay Area, our Sanmina San Jose, California facility partners with some of the world s most innovative high-technology companies to produce advanced PCBAs and complex systems. We provide a full range of New Product Introduction (NPI), manufacturing and test services to companies in the communications and networking, computing and storage, medical, industrial, semi-conductor and clean technology sectors.
Job Title: ICT Test Technician
Shift: swing shift
Nature of Work:
Performs the set-up, calibration, testing and troubleshooting of circuits, components, instruments and mechanical assemblies. Determines and may develop test specifications, methods and procedures from blueprints, drawings and diagrams. Per sub assembly and system level functional test and debug to component level. Be able to troubleshooting rejected analog and digital assemblies down to component level. Prepares technical reports summarizing findings and recommending solutions to technical problems. May assist in the selection and set-up of specialized test equipment.
1) Works on assignments that are semi routine in nature but recognizes the need for occasional deviation.
2) Normally follows established procedures on routine work; requires instructions only on new assignments.
3) Must display the ability to read, understand and follow test process instructions (TPIs)
4) Must be available for OT and weekend work as required in addition to minimum 40 hr./wk
* 5+ years manufacturing electronic test technician experience
* Responsible for performing production and field service returns testing and troubleshooting.
* Demonstrated detailed root cause analysis troubleshooting skills.
* The ability to evaluate and troubleshoot complex electromechanical instruments.
* This position requires skills for general assembly and disassembly of electronic equipment using basic hand tools.
* Requires the ability to interpret schematics and drawings, perform modifications and accomplish rework to new and used subassemblies and systems.
* This position requires previous experience using oscilloscopes, function generators, variable power supplies, and digital multi-meters.
* Works closely with mechanical, electrical, and optical engineers providing feedback and recommending changes to improve operation or quality of test, assembly fixtures, tooling, and processes.
Sanmina is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we believe that diversity is critical to our success. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.