IDI-4103 -- Firewall Engineer (Palo Alto)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/25/2016
END DATE 11/15/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Details
Firewall Engineer (Palo Alto)
Job Description: U.S. Citizenship is required.
* Responsible for the planning, design, implementation, organization and operation of Palo Alto Firewalls based perimeter security network and network security devices including but not limited to 7000, 5000 and 3000 series FW s. The job also involves simultaneously working on the successful engineering, testing and deployment of multiple projects.
* Providing LAN Management Service for Remotely monitored and administered FW s for over 400 locations throughout the Country.
* Plan and conduct complex project studies; includes analyzing multiple data sources and publishing results to the team or to the technical user community
* Responsible for the planning, design, implementation, organization and operation of Cisco based data communications network and network security devices.
* Responsible for troubleshooting network and firewall problems, specifically Palo Alto and Cisco ASA s.
* Monitor that the firewall and network system is adequately monitored to identify and solve data communication problems and user performance issues; this includes understanding chronic issues causing inefficiency in operation and seek resolution.
* Be a subject matter expert on network and firewall related issues
* At least 5+ years of experience in firewall administration, Network and Information Security, network administration, systems programming, systems design, or related technical specialties. Experience in managing and administering network and firewall changes will be a bonus.
* Requires in-depth knowledge of TCP/IP and communication protocols. Knowledge of IPSec, GRE tunnels, multicasting and traffic balancing techniques essential.
* Hands-on experience with all phases of firewall and network operations, firewall change requests, firewall configuration, network services, and network security
* Ability to troubleshoot complex multi-vendor network issues in the LAN and WAN networks and working with multiple application and system teams to identify bottlenecks and other network configuration issues.
* In-depth knowledge in the area of deep packet troubleshooting with Wireshark and/or Riverbed ACE Analyst and tcpdump
* Knowledge of network routing (BGP, EIGRP) and switching protocols, multicast and QoS protocols, Cisco hardware routers and switches, hands on experience with Cisco Nexus switches is a plus.
* Excellent analytical skills, organizational, time management and problem solving skills are essential. Excellent oral and written communication skills including ability to interact effectively with executives, vendors and department staff.
* Verbal communication skills required as this position requires some interaction with requestors (usually application and technical project teams) and the network and firewall outsourcers technical staff.
* Position demands that the incumbent be able to work independently but also be a strong team player.
Education Required: Bachelors
Years of Experience Required: 5-7
Years of Experience Desired:
EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
Drug-Free Workplace/Drug Testing Employer: Intelligent Decisions maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing. A successful drug screen is required prior to employment.
Authorization to Share Resume and Personal Information: By submitting your resume for this position, you authorize Intelligent Decisions to share your resume, as well as personal information included on the resume, with its subsidiaries, affiliates and teaming partners for the purpose of considering you for this position and other available positions requiring comparable skills, education and experience. Should Intelligent Decisions or its affiliates and teaming partners wish to initiate pre-employment discussions, you will be asked to complete an employment application and related employment documents.
EEO and Affirmative Action Policy: Intelligent Decisions, Inc. (ID) is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. It is the policy of Intelligent Decisions, Inc. to provide equal employment opportunity in accordance with all applicable Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action laws, directives and regulations to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other protected status under Federal, State or Local laws.
Pay Transparency Policy: In accordance with Presidential Executive Order 13665, Intelligent Decisions will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.