IDI-4124 -- High Availability/Disaster Recovery Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/13/2016
END DATE 10/29/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Details
High Availability/Disaster Recovery Engineer
Job Description: U.S. Citizenship is required.
The Continuity and Disaster Recovery Engineer provides system design and sustaining engineering support for availability and disaster recovery services in alignment with organizational goals. The CDR engineer s primary responsibilities include assessing, developing, and communicating recovery environment requirements associated with the judiciary s datacenters to appropriate technology groups resulting in recommendations to enable timely, effective decisions regarding hardware/software recovery planning. The CDR engineer also provides engineering support and services as a member of the Architecture/Engineering team.
* Evaluates the current datacenter availability, failover, and disaster recovery solutions and presents recommendations for improvement to management.
* Collaborates with stakeholders on development of resilience strategies and recovery procedures to ensure that critical business functions can resume within defined time frames, data loss is minimized.
* Designs and develops the framework for system and application dependencies to processes defined to establish RTOs / RPOs and other metrics with cost-benefit analysis as needed to meet recovery requirements.
* Serves as the primary disaster recovery design engineer to provide guidance, response, support and expertise.
* Ensures availability and disaster recovery systems and plan documentation are kept up to date by reviewing changes to production systems.
* Proactively identifies gaps or risks in the datacenter architecture, capacity, operations, processes and failover strategy and communicates actionable metrics to management to drive improvements.
* Must have 10+ years of experience in key areas including enterprise disaster recovery, datacenter operations, network design, datacenter and systems capacity assessment, continuity planning, and systems engineering.
* Requires understanding of virtualization technologies (desktops, servers, cloud) and software defined data centers (SDS, SDN) within a multi-site enterprise level IT infrastructure.
* Knowledge of architecture frameworks such as TOGAF, Zachman, NIST EA, IaaS, PaaS and SaaS.
* Experience in datacenter project management (ITPM, ITIL) including planning, developing, testing, transition to operations, and quality control.
* Knowledge and experience with Microsoft and Linux as they apply to infrastructure continuity.
* Knowledge and experience with providing availability and failover solutions for enterprise-level database technologies. Experience with Informix. Oracle, Postgres and MS SQL Server desirable.
* Must have a working knowledge of network and storage architecture: Brocade, NSX, and Hitachi and HP storage architectures is desirable.
* DevOps and experience working with software development team is a plus.
* Working knowledge and experience with enterprise level backup and restore systems and software. Symantec Netbackup experience is desirable.
Education Required: High School
Years of Experience Required: 10+
Years of Experience Desired:
EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
Drug-Free Workplace/Drug Testing Employer: Intelligent Decisions maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing. A successful drug screen is required prior to employment.
Authorization to Share Resume and Personal Information: By submitting your resume for this position, you authorize Intelligent Decisions to share your resume, as well as personal information included on the resume, with its subsidiaries, affiliates and teaming partners for the purpose of considering you for this position and other available positions requiring comparable skills, education and experience. Should Intelligent Decisions or its affiliates and teaming partners wish to initiate pre-employment discussions, you will be asked to complete an employment application and related employment documents.
EEO and Affirmative Action Policy: Intelligent Decisions, Inc. (ID) is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. It is the policy of Intelligent Decisions, Inc. to provide equal employment opportunity in accordance with all applicable Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action laws, directives and regulations to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other protected status under Federal, State or Local laws.
Pay Transparency Policy: In accordance with Presidential Executive Order 13665, Intelligent Decisions will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.