- This company is committed to hiring veterans.
IDI-4144 -- Information Systems Security Engineer
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
Information Systems Security Engineer
Job Description: U.S. Citizenship is required. Applicants must possess an active, Federal Government Security Clearance
Provide expert technical services on all aspects of Information Security. Responsible for writing information security policy drafts; writing and reviewing Memorandum of Agreements and coordinating and managing all aspects of the Certification and Accreditation. Advise and assess system design/architecture as well as defining; designing and evaluating information security systems. Manage multi-agency information sharing and integration security. Maintain affiliations with high-level personnel at multiple agencies and organizations involved in Information Security. Tasking includes incident response; system access approval; audit log review; Configuration Control Board and daily consultations/consulting on a wide variety of security issues. Report; document and investigate all security related incidents; assist with development and implementation of corrective measures. Media transfer between systems of differing classifications in accordance with DCID 6/3; ICD 503 and local procedure.
Candidate will work with all IT groups to build IT systems with security planned from the start. Work with developers; system engineers; project managers; and users to identify the level of protection systems will need. Understand and be able to identify what group or process will satisfy security requirement.
* Act as the representative of the Information System Security Manager ensuring compliance with IS security procedures.
* Familiar w/ the accreditation process end-to-end and can pretty much do it on their own without having to rely on others.
* Generate and maintain System Security Plans per DCID 6/3 and ICD 503.
* Support efforts to operate; maintain; and dispose of information system materials in accordance with security directives; policies and practices and as annotated in Systems Security Plans.
* Generate and implementation of requisite security training ensuring user security awareness of responsibilities prior to system access.
* Initiate protective and corrective measures when incident or vulnerabilities are discovered.
* Ensure IA hardware and software complies with security configuration guides.
* Ensure all IA related documentation is accurate and current.
* Implement and enforce IA policies and procedures as defined by C&A documentation.
* Ensure users are aware of their IA responsibilities.
* The ability to work on multiple projects/tasks at once and operate in a dynamic; fast-paced; team-oriented environment.
* Perform Operations & Sustainment (O&S) functions for the NCE network security infrastructure (firewalls; web gateways; mail gateways; ids; load balancers; performance monitoring tools; mgt systems; etc)
* Perform maintenance and/or advanced configuration of equipment in order to protect the network from emerging cyber threats
* Conduct forensic traffic/log analysis to isolate issues or respond to analyst alerts
* Respond to escalated troubleshooting requests
* Maintain and administer network infrastructure standards; documentation and fault tolerance
* Present Monitoring/Test Results and Reports as required
* Perform/support integration testing as required
* Participates in special projects as required
* Ability to review Plan of Action and Milestones (POA&Ms) and conduct a technical decomposition categorization; remediation; and lien resolution
* Execute remediation process to implement technical solutions to address vulnerability findings in Retina and reported to VMS
* Candidate must possess IAM II certification to start in accordance with DOD 8570.1M. Candidate is required to understand how our customer's DCID 6/3 and ICD 503 process work and how systems security requirements will be met.
* Strong network security background with a working knowledge of three or more of the following platforms: Netscreen Firewall; Sidewinder Firewall; McAfee Web Gateway; McAfee Email Gateway; Netscout Performance Manager; Netscout Infinistream; Blue Coat; Cisco ASA; Cisco IPS/IDS
* Must have ability to support flexible schedule in support of 24x7 staff.
* Experience installing; hardening; deploying; documenting; and troubleshooting network perimeter security technologies.
* Experience and scripting ability on Unix and/or RHEL OS
* Basic understanding of Windows Enterprise AD architecture and VMWare Virtualization
* Must be proficient in network routing/vlan technology
* Requires understanding of DHS/DoD policies and procedures, including FIPS 199, FIPS 200, NIST 800-53, DHS 4300A SSH and other applicable policies.
Education Required: Bachelors
Years of Experience Required: 5-8
Years of Experience Desired:
EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
Drug-Free Workplace/Drug Testing Employer: Intelligent Decisions maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing. A successful drug screen is required prior to employment.
Authorization to Share Resume and Personal Information: By submitting your resume for this position, you authorize Intelligent Decisions to share your resume, as well as personal information included on the resume, with its subsidiaries, affiliates and teaming partners for the purpose of considering you for this position and other available positions requiring comparable skills, education and experience. Should Intelligent Decisions or its affiliates and teaming partners wish to initiate pre-employment discussions, you will be asked to complete an employment application and related employment documents.
EEO and Affirmative Action Policy: Intelligent Decisions, Inc. (ID) is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. It is the policy of Intelligent Decisions, Inc. to provide equal employment opportunity in accordance with all applicable Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action laws, directives and regulations to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other protected status under Federal, State or Local laws.
Pay Transparency Policy: In accordance with Presidential Executive Order 13665, Intelligent Decisions will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.