IDI-4130 -- Information Systems Security Specialist (P)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/17/2016
END DATE 10/22/2016
San Antonio, TX
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Details
Information Systems Security Specialist (P)
San Antonio, TX
Job Description: U.S. Citizenship is required.
**This position is contingent upon contract award to Intelligent Decisions.**
* Provides technical support in the areas of vulnerability assessment, risk assessment, network security, product evaluation, and security implementation.
* Responsible for designing and implementing solutions for protecting the confidentiality, integrity and availability of sensitive information.
* Provides technical evaluations of customer systems and assists with making security improvements.
* Participates in design of information system contingency plans that maintain appropriate levels of protection and meet time requirements for minimizing operations impact to customer organization.
* Conducts security product evaluations, and recommends products, technologies and upgrades to improve the customer s security posture.
* Conducts testing and audit log reviews to evaluate the effectiveness of current security measures.
* Eight (8) years of experience related to the areas, tasks and duties related.
* Experience must include familiarity with applicable NIST information security documentation; i.e., Special Publication 800 series.
* Most recent functional project experience must have occurred within the past three (3) years.
* Two (2) years of experience in National Institute of Standards (NIST) or ISO 27001
* IT Security standards and possess at least one of the following industry recognized security certifications:
* Certified Information System Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Information System Auditor (CISA), or a Global Information Assurance Certification (GIAC) in one of the five disciplines (Security Administration, Security Management, Forensics, IT Audit or Software Security).
* One (1) year of this functional experience must have included securing and evaluating information management systems, security design; development, test and evaluation tasks and duties specified in SOW and must have occurred in the last five (5) years.
Years of Experience:
* High School Diploma plus 7 years experience is equivalent to Bachelor's Degree
* High School Diploma plus 14 years experience is equivalent to Master's Degree,
* Bachelor's Degree plus 7 years experience is equivalent to Master's Degree.
Certified Information System Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Information System Auditor (CISA), or a Global Information Assurance Certification (GIAC) in one of the five disciplines (Security Administration, Security Management, Forensics, IT Audit or Software Security).
Education Required: Bachelors
Years of Experience Required: 7+
Years of Experience Desired:
EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
Drug-Free Workplace/Drug Testing Employer: Intelligent Decisions maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing. A successful drug screen is required prior to employment.
Authorization to Share Resume and Personal Information: By submitting your resume for this position, you authorize Intelligent Decisions to share your resume, as well as personal information included on the resume, with its subsidiaries, affiliates and teaming partners for the purpose of considering you for this position and other available positions requiring comparable skills, education and experience. Should Intelligent Decisions or its affiliates and teaming partners wish to initiate pre-employment discussions, you will be asked to complete an employment application and related employment documents.
EEO and Affirmative Action Policy: Intelligent Decisions, Inc. (ID) is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. It is the policy of Intelligent Decisions, Inc. to provide equal employment opportunity in accordance with all applicable Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action laws, directives and regulations to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other protected status under Federal, State or Local laws.
Pay Transparency Policy: In accordance with Presidential Executive Order 13665, Intelligent Decisions will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.