IDI-4122 -- Mid-level VDI Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/12/2016
END DATE 11/30/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Details
Mid-level VDI Engineer
Job Description: U.S. Citizenship is required. Applicants must possess an active, Federal Government Security Clearance
Implementation and Operations of a Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) environment supporting 30,000+ users across the country in a multi security classification environment. This infrastructure is hosted out of multiple data centers. This requires individuals that have experience developing an enterprise consolidated and virtualized desktop infrastructure.
* Responsible for making recommendations to create an architecture and requirements based on best practices for VDI using Microsoft Windows 7, Citrix XenDesktop, VMware View / Horizon and Microsoft s Application Virtualization technologies.
* Perform the design, engineering and implementation for the environment, and eventually the maintenance, monitoring and optimization of the VDI system s performance.
* Written Assessment and recommendations for new VDI environment - Responsible for assessing, testing and deploying Citrix, Wintel OS, and VMware software updates and hotfixes to bring the VDI system into initial compliance and support for end users as they migrate into a new environment.
* Development of Concept of Operations for maintenance and ongoing monitoring guidance for VDI environment.
* End user migration and instantiation of 30,000 endpoints into VDI environment running Window 7.
* VMware Certified Professional Preferred
* VMware View
* Citrix XenDesktop
* Citrix XenApp
VMware Certified Professional Preferred
Citrix Certified Administrator
Education Required: High School
Years of Experience Required: 5+
Years of Experience Desired:
EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
Drug-Free Workplace/Drug Testing Employer: Intelligent Decisions maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing. A successful drug screen is required prior to employment.
Authorization to Share Resume and Personal Information: By submitting your resume for this position, you authorize Intelligent Decisions to share your resume, as well as personal information included on the resume, with its subsidiaries, affiliates and teaming partners for the purpose of considering you for this position and other available positions requiring comparable skills, education and experience. Should Intelligent Decisions or its affiliates and teaming partners wish to initiate pre-employment discussions, you will be asked to complete an employment application and related employment documents.
EEO and Affirmative Action Policy: Intelligent Decisions, Inc. (ID) is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. It is the policy of Intelligent Decisions, Inc. to provide equal employment opportunity in accordance with all applicable Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action laws, directives and regulations to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other protected status under Federal, State or Local laws.
Pay Transparency Policy: In accordance with Presidential Executive Order 13665, Intelligent Decisions will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.