IDI-4131 -- Network Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/19/2016
END DATE 12/16/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Details
Job Description: U.S. Citizenship is required.
This position supports a 24x7 environment, and the shifts are for nights and weekends.
* Support the operations, development and maintenance of the customer WAN infrastructure and network communications on the DCN and PACER networks for all government customer sites across the country.
* Provide routing and switching troubleshooting and support
* Perform network and telco implementations and installations
* Configure WAN/LAN (hardware, software) prior to installation
* Provide support and implementation for various customer consolidations and migrations.
* Provide operational support services for technology investigation, pilot project implementation to support requirements based on the virtualization and centralization of applications.
* Identify network problems and resolve in accordance incident and problem management services, policies, procedures and SLRs
* Coordinate resolution of circuit problems with third parties, including public carriers, ISP and city/county affiliates using the network
* Use network/application performance management tools (Solarwinds, Netscout) to troubleshoot, analyze bandwidth and user traffic issues.
* Responsible for the planning, design, implementation, organization and operation of data communications network and network security devices.
* Install and troubleshoot DCN networks as well as assist in troubleshooting the agency s core switches.
* Monitor that the firewall and network system is adequately monitored to identify and solve data communication problems and user performance issues; this includes understanding chronic issues causing inefficiency in operation and seek resolution.
* Experience with Cisco data center
* Demonstrated experience in both networking as well as Wintel environments from a network operations center
* Experience with Palo Alto firewall administration
* Strong experience in Cisco Routing and Switching including knowledge of Multicast, QoS, IOS Security, and IPv6
* VPN and Wireless LAN experience desired
* 5+ years LAN/WAN experience
* Requires in-depth knowledge of TCP/IP and communication protocols. Knowledge of IPSec GRE tunnels, multicasting and traffic balancing techniques essential.
* Hands-on experience with all phases of firewall and network operations, firewall change requests, network services
* Ability to troubleshoot complex multi-vendor network issues in the LAN and WAN networks and work with multiple application and system teams to identify bottlenecks and other network configuration issues.
* Knowledge of network routing (BGP, EIGRP) and switching protocols, multicast and QoS protocols, Cisco hardware routers and switches, hands on experience with Cisco Nexus switches is a plus.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills including ability to interact effectively with executives, vendors and department staff.
* Verbal communication skills required as this position requires some interaction with requestors (usually application and technical project teams) and the network and firewall outsourcers technical staff.
* Position demands that the incumbent be able to work independently but also be a strong team player.
Certifications Preferred: CCNP or CCNA
Education Required: High School
Years of Experience Required: 5+
Years of Experience Desired:
EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
Drug-Free Workplace/Drug Testing Employer: Intelligent Decisions maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing. A successful drug screen is required prior to employment.
Authorization to Share Resume and Personal Information: By submitting your resume for this position, you authorize Intelligent Decisions to share your resume, as well as personal information included on the resume, with its subsidiaries, affiliates and teaming partners for the purpose of considering you for this position and other available positions requiring comparable skills, education and experience. Should Intelligent Decisions or its affiliates and teaming partners wish to initiate pre-employment discussions, you will be asked to complete an employment application and related employment documents.
EEO and Affirmative Action Policy: Intelligent Decisions, Inc. (ID) is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. It is the policy of Intelligent Decisions, Inc. to provide equal employment opportunity in accordance with all applicable Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action laws, directives and regulations to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other protected status under Federal, State or Local laws.
Pay Transparency Policy: In accordance with Presidential Executive Order 13665, Intelligent Decisions will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.