IDI-4134 -- Systems Administrator (Desktop)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 11/15/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Details
Systems Administrator (Desktop)
Job Description: U.S. Citizenship is required. Applicants must possess an active, Federal Government Security Clearance
About ID: Headquartered in Ashburn, VA, Intelligent Decisions (ID), a premier systems integrator, provides a broad range of innovative, IT professional services, software, hardware and manufacturing solutions to Federal, State and Local governments and Fortune 1000 customers. Ranked on the VARBusiness 500 and CRN's Fast Growth 100, ID offers best-value pricing and helps clients meet their strategic goals and mission objectives. ID is a results oriented organization full of smart, energetic people with a passion for solving the industry's most challenging IT problems
* Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
* Maintains the integrity and security of servers and systems.
* Sets up administrator and service accounts.
* Maintains system documentation
* Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products.
* Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software; coordinates installation and provides backup recovery.
* Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
* May program in an administrative language.
* Develops and implements testing strategies and document results.
* Provides advice and training to end-users.
* Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
* Participates in special projects as required.
* 2-5 years of directly related experience in systems administration and analysis.
* Excellent Customer Service Skills
* End-User IT Desktop Support Experience
* Strong work ethic and attention to detail
* Attention to detail; strong organizational skills.
* Strong writing skills (document creation and management).
* Strong time management skills
* Ability to work independently on projects and/or tasks.
* Experience and/or knowledgeable with; Windows XP; Windows 7; Citrix; SMS; and SCCM
* Technical understanding of Microsoft Office applications (Outlook; Word; Excel; PowerPoint; etc.)
* Ability to prioritize time and efforts appropriately in busy work environment
* Team player and willing to both share knowledge and learn from others to ensure team's success
* Enthusiasm and ability to adapt to new and changing technologies
* Thin Client using Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) Technology
* Thick & thin web-based applications
* Previous experience with WALA architecture a plus
* Technical writing
* Audio Visual experience i.e. AMX; Extron; Christie Digital Projection Systems
* Desktop Video Teleconference experience i.e. Tandberg Desktop
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline; or the equivalent combination of education; technical certifications or training; or work experience.
* A+ Certification
* Network+ Certification
* Security + or other DoD 8570.01M certification
* ITIL v3 Foundations
Education Required: High School
Years of Experience Required: 2+
Years of Experience Desired:
EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
Drug-Free Workplace/Drug Testing Employer: Intelligent Decisions maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing. A successful drug screen is required prior to employment.
Authorization to Share Resume and Personal Information: By submitting your resume for this position, you authorize Intelligent Decisions to share your resume, as well as personal information included on the resume, with its subsidiaries, affiliates and teaming partners for the purpose of considering you for this position and other available positions requiring comparable skills, education and experience. Should Intelligent Decisions or its affiliates and teaming partners wish to initiate pre-employment discussions, you will be asked to complete an employment application and related employment documents.
EEO and Affirmative Action Policy: Intelligent Decisions, Inc. (ID) is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. It is the policy of Intelligent Decisions, Inc. to provide equal employment opportunity in accordance with all applicable Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action laws, directives and regulations to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other protected status under Federal, State or Local laws.
Pay Transparency Policy: In accordance with Presidential Executive Order 13665, Intelligent Decisions will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.