IDI-4121 -- VDI Systems Administrator
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/12/2016
END DATE 10/14/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Details
VDI Systems Administrator
Job Description: U.S. Citizenship is required. Applicants must possess an active, Federal Government Security Clearance
VDI Systems Administrator provides operational and end user support for the VDI environment and participates in the development and implementation of operational procedures and standards.
* Providing operational support for Active Directory and related network support equipment to ensure changes and maintenance did not interrupt service to the customers.
* Responsible for the analysis, administration and support of thin clients, virtual and physical desktops.
* Develop and maintain O&S Standard Operating Procedures for VDI Environment
* Diagnoses and troubleshoots problems with PCs, software, communications devices within established procedures, responds to End User requests for technical support and assistance.
* Provide support and assistance to System Administrator(s), Network Engineer(s) and Telecommunications Systems staff in the delivery of End User support and Systems Maintenance
* Assists in ensuring compliance with security policies and procedures
* Evaluates hardware and software, including peripheral, output, and related equipment.
* Participates in the development and implementation of VDI-related operational procedures and standards.
* Interfaces with vendors to ensure appropriate resolution during network outages or periods of reduced performance.
* Maintains current knowledge of relevant hardware and software applications as assigned.
Participates in special projects as required.
* Responding to escalated requests for technical assistance and providing advice and training to tier 2 desktop support team /end-users
* Possesses experience in administration and support of Desktops, Thin and Zero Clients
* Experience providing end user support through one or more Citrix XenDesktop or VMWare View suite of products, such as provisioning server, desktop delivery controller, virtual desktop images/target devices.
* Experience with Citrix XenDesktop provisioning server, to include: adding, allocating and managing vDisks for end-user devices.
* Troubleshooting and installation of standard desktop applications such as Microsoft Office, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Adobe Reader, Citrix Receiver, etc.
* System Administration experience diagnosing and troubleshooting problems with PCs, software, communications devices and networks
* Experience in responding to End User requests for technical support and assistance within established procedures.
* Bachelor s Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline is desired or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
* 3+ years of directly related experience in systems administration and analysis.
* Excellent problem-solving & interpersonal skills.
* Understanding of networking, system management, and Windows operating systems.
* Knowledge of LAN/WAN administration, maintenance and support; encompassing testing and troubleshooting.
* Knowledge of network and routing protocols including TCP/IP, DHCP, and RIP.
* Remedy Experience a plus
* Thin Client using Virtual Desktop Interface Technology
* Security+ or CISSP
* Experience supporting Intelligence and/or DoD Customers
* Experience with Citrix Server, Microsoft Hyper-V, or Linux Xen, helpful
Education Required: High School
Years of Experience Required: 3-5
Years of Experience Desired:
EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
Drug-Free Workplace/Drug Testing Employer: Intelligent Decisions maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing. A successful drug screen is required prior to employment.
Authorization to Share Resume and Personal Information: By submitting your resume for this position, you authorize Intelligent Decisions to share your resume, as well as personal information included on the resume, with its subsidiaries, affiliates and teaming partners for the purpose of considering you for this position and other available positions requiring comparable skills, education and experience. Should Intelligent Decisions or its affiliates and teaming partners wish to initiate pre-employment discussions, you will be asked to complete an employment application and related employment documents.
EEO and Affirmative Action Policy: Intelligent Decisions, Inc. (ID) is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. It is the policy of Intelligent Decisions, Inc. to provide equal employment opportunity in accordance with all applicable Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action laws, directives and regulations to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other protected status under Federal, State or Local laws.
Pay Transparency Policy: In accordance with Presidential Executive Order 13665, Intelligent Decisions will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.