IDI-4123 -- VDI Systems Engineer 8/13/2016
San Antonio, TX
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Details
VDI Systems Engineer
San Antonio, TX
Job Description: U.S. Citizenship is required.
The VDI Systems Engineer provides operational and end user support for the VDI environment and participates in the development and implementation of operational procedures and standards.
* Providing operational support for Active Directory and related network support equipment to ensure changes and maintenance did not interrupt service to the customers.
* Responsible for the analysis, administration and support of thin clients, virtual and physical desktops.
* Develop and maintain O&S Standard Operating Procedures for VDI Environment
* Diagnoses and troubleshoots problems with PCs, software, communications devices within established procedures, responds to End User requests for technical support and assistance.
* Provide support and assistance to System Administrator(s), Network Engineer(s) and Telecommunications Systems staff in the delivery of End User support and Systems Maintenance
* Assists in ensuring compliance with security policies and procedures
* Evaluates hardware and software, including peripheral, output, and related equipment.
* Participates in the development and implementation of VDI-related operational procedures and standards.
* Interfaces with vendors to ensure appropriate resolution during network outages or periods of reduced performance.
* Maintains current knowledge of relevant hardware and software applications as assigned.
* Participates in special projects as required.
* Virtual Application packaging and remediation desired: (VMware)
* Virtual software provisioning skills (desired:VMware (vCloud/vCAC/vRAC)
* Virtual Desktop Administration preferably using VMware Horizon View
* Windows Desktop Administration Skills. Microsoft 7,Windows 8.x)
* Deployment and Configuration Automation Experience
* Demonstrated effective Project Management experience
* Virtualization Infrastructure Experience (desired: VMware vSphere)
* DB Administration Experience
* Backup and Restore Experience (desired: NetBackup)
* System Monitoring Experience (desired: Zabbix)
* Enjoys a fast paced environment
* Excellent customer service skills
* Able to work and interact with others in a structured / team environment
* Accuracy and attention to detail, must have organizational skills
* Independent problem solver with troubleshooting, decision making and analytical skills
* Requires limited supervision, self-starter, strong time management skills
* Flexibility and adaptability to handle competing work demands
* Verbal and written communication skills
* Demonstrated ability to communicate to nontechnical audience on technical issues
* Ability to work flexible hours and be on-call
* Ability to do limited travel (0 - 4 times a year)
Education Required: High School
Years of Experience Required: 5-7
Years of Experience Desired:
EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
Drug-Free Workplace/Drug Testing Employer: Intelligent Decisions maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing. A successful drug screen is required prior to employment.
Authorization to Share Resume and Personal Information: By submitting your resume for this position, you authorize Intelligent Decisions to share your resume, as well as personal information included on the resume, with its subsidiaries, affiliates and teaming partners for the purpose of considering you for this position and other available positions requiring comparable skills, education and experience. Should Intelligent Decisions or its affiliates and teaming partners wish to initiate pre-employment discussions, you will be asked to complete an employment application and related employment documents.
EEO and Affirmative Action Policy: Intelligent Decisions, Inc. (ID) is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. It is the policy of Intelligent Decisions, Inc. to provide equal employment opportunity in accordance with all applicable Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action laws, directives and regulations to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other protected status under Federal, State or Local laws.
Pay Transparency Policy: In accordance with Presidential Executive Order 13665, Intelligent Decisions will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.