IDI-4142 -- VMWare System Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 11/30/2016
San Antonio, TX
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Details
VMWare System Engineer
San Antonio, TX
Job Description: U.S. Citizenship is required.
* Install, configure and manage VMware virtualization environment (vSphere 5.5, 6.0, vCAC/vRA, ESX 5.5, 6.0)
* Provide Operation and Sustainment support for the virtualization environment
* Develop and maintain O&S Standard Operating Procedures for VMware virtualization environment
* Diagnoses and troubleshoots problems with the virtualization environment including Microsoft and Linux O/S
* Coordinates with client management to formulate complex technical solutions. Informs client management of appropriate developments in technical support products.
* Evaluates products and upgrades for appropriateness. Oversees and implements system upgrade strategies.
* Leads the design, implementation, and maintenance of complex solutions. Coordinates activities with other technical personnel as appropriate.
* Develops and analyzes highly complex system standards, thresholds, and recommendations to maximize system performance.
* Conducts capacity planning reviews with management and approves capacity plans formulated by less experienced personnel.
* Develops strategies to manage the frequency of appropriate support package/patch application. Monitors database maintenance and provides appropriate recommendations, when required.
* Coordinates with business development personnel on proposals and work estimates involving highly complex system administration projects and solutions.
* Researches current systems technology and serves as subject matter expert on complex systems processes and procedures.
* Provides technical leadership to internal and external personnel on highly complex system installation processes. Mentors and provides guidance to less experienced personnel.
* Provides technical leadership to appropriate personnel on highly complex system administration activities. Provides technical solutions and escalated support for non-routine, highly complex technical issues.
* Extensive VMware Virtualization Experience - design, implement, and manage VMware environment, including Datacenter cluster(s) and managed by vCenter
* VCA Data Center (and/or Cloud) certification
* Demonstrated effective project management experience
* Demonstrated Linux System Administration skills
* Knowledge and working experience with Windows (Preferred 2008 or later versions) and Active Directory
* Network knowledge, skills and demonstrated experience in a complex network data center environment
* PowerShell script or equivalent demonstrated experience
* Database Administration Skills (Preferred: MS SQL and Linux SQL)
* Enjoys a fast paced environment
* Excellent customer service skills
* Able to work and interact with others in a structured / team environment
* Accuracy and attention to detail, must have organizational skills
* Independent problem solver with troubleshooting, decision making and analytical skills
* Requires limited supervision, self-starter, strong time management skills
* Flexibility and adaptability to handle competing work demands
* Verbal and written communication skills
* Demonstrated ability to communicate to nontechnical audience on technical issues
* Ability to work flexible hours and be on-call
* Ability to do limited travel (0 - 4 times a year)
Certifications Required: VCA Data Center (and/or Cloud) certification
Education Required: High School
Years of Experience Required: 5-7
Years of Experience Desired:
EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
Drug-Free Workplace/Drug Testing Employer: Intelligent Decisions maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing. A successful drug screen is required prior to employment.
Authorization to Share Resume and Personal Information: By submitting your resume for this position, you authorize Intelligent Decisions to share your resume, as well as personal information included on the resume, with its subsidiaries, affiliates and teaming partners for the purpose of considering you for this position and other available positions requiring comparable skills, education and experience. Should Intelligent Decisions or its affiliates and teaming partners wish to initiate pre-employment discussions, you will be asked to complete an employment application and related employment documents.
EEO and Affirmative Action Policy: Intelligent Decisions, Inc. (ID) is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. It is the policy of Intelligent Decisions, Inc. to provide equal employment opportunity in accordance with all applicable Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action laws, directives and regulations to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other protected status under Federal, State or Local laws.
Pay Transparency Policy: In accordance with Presidential Executive Order 13665, Intelligent Decisions will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.