IDI-4126 -- VMware (ESXi) Systems Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/13/2016
END DATE 1/14/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Details
VMware (ESXi) Systems Engineer
Job Description: U.S. Citizenship is required. Applicants must possess an active, Federal Government Security Clearance
* Install, configure and manage VMware virtualization environment components (vSphere, vRA, vROPS, ESX, NSX)
* Provide Operation and Sustainment support for the virtualization environment
* Ensure virtualization systems are compliant within required security standards
* Develop and maintain O&S Standard Operating Procedures for VMware virtualization environment
* Diagnoses and troubleshoots problems with the virtualization environment including Microsoft and Linux O/S
* Within established procedures, responds to end user requests for technical support and assistance
* Support off hour maintenance activities
* Support the Certification and Accreditation process for virtualization hosts for customer
* Gain familiarity with current data center infrastructure
* Maintain current industry knowledge of development concept, practices and procedures
* Develop an in-depth understanding of the Customer baseline capabilities, design and objectives
* VMware ESX 5.0/5.5/6.0
* Windows Server 2008R2/2012R2
* Unix/Linux familiarity
* Windows 7/8/10
* TCP/IP, DNS, Local Area Networking, AD, GPO Desired Skills:
* Cloud experience (AWS, Azure)
* Experience creating and implementing workflows and blueprints for use with a VMware vRA solution (vRA, Orchestrator)
* Remedy Experience a plus
* Technical written & verbal communication skills (technical writing)
* Experience supporting Intelligence and/or DoD Customers
Certification Requirement: VCP 5.5 minimum preferred
Education Required: High School
Years of Experience Required: 2-6
Years of Experience Desired:
EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
Drug-Free Workplace/Drug Testing Employer: Intelligent Decisions maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing. A successful drug screen is required prior to employment.
Authorization to Share Resume and Personal Information: By submitting your resume for this position, you authorize Intelligent Decisions to share your resume, as well as personal information included on the resume, with its subsidiaries, affiliates and teaming partners for the purpose of considering you for this position and other available positions requiring comparable skills, education and experience. Should Intelligent Decisions or its affiliates and teaming partners wish to initiate pre-employment discussions, you will be asked to complete an employment application and related employment documents.
EEO and Affirmative Action Policy: Intelligent Decisions, Inc. (ID) is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. It is the policy of Intelligent Decisions, Inc. to provide equal employment opportunity in accordance with all applicable Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action laws, directives and regulations to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other protected status under Federal, State or Local laws.
Pay Transparency Policy: In accordance with Presidential Executive Order 13665, Intelligent Decisions will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.