IDI-4128 -- Windows Systems Engineer - VMware
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/16/2016
END DATE 12/1/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Details
Windows Systems Engineer - VMware
Job Description: U.S. Citizenship is required.
About ID: Headquartered in Ashburn, VA, Intelligent Decisions (ID), a premier systems integrator, provides a broad range of innovative, IT professional services, software, hardware and manufacturing solutions to Federal, State and Local governments and Fortune 1000 customers. Ranked on the VARBusiness 500 and CRN's Fast Growth 100, ID offers best-value pricing and helps clients meet their strategic goals and mission objectives. ID is a results oriented organization full of smart, energetic people with a passion for solving the industry's most challenging IT problems
* Diagnose and remediate issues with Windows Server Infrastructure, as well as other Microsoft and third-party Windows business infrastructure applications
* Manage VMWare infrastructure including updating, performance tuning, capacity planning, and creation of policies
* Work with clients to align our support to their requirements with a high level of attention
* Participate in the design, building, and installation of new systems and system upgrades both locally and at remote offices
* Provide customer support including, but not limited to, systems administration for assigned servers, application support and hardware configuration
* Monitor local system operations and investigate system issues
* Support CM processes and procedures (DR reporting, audits)
* Perform OS and network performance tuning
* Support approved OS and software upgrades
* Maintain user accounts and group assignments
* Experience managing a server infrastructure with machines running Windows Server 2008, 2008 R2, 2012, and 2012 R2
* Comprehensive knowledge of ESXi 5.x and vSphere 5.x including vCenter, High-availability architectures, vMotion, and RecoveryPoint
* Familiarity with Windows SCCM, Exchange, and SQL
* An understanding of supporting Microsoft technology (Active Directory, DNS etc.)
* Application Packaging and Windows Scripting experience (e.g. PowerShell)
* Experience with Active Directory (AD) and Global Policy Object (GPO)
* Extensive experience managing an automated patching of Windows Servers
* Strong communicator and the ability to engage with people at all levels of a business
* Quick thinker and strong problem solving skills
* Microsoft Certified System Engineer (MCSE)
* Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP)
* VMware Certified Associate Data Center Virtualization (VCA-DCV)
* VMware Certified Professional 5 Data Center Virtualization (VCP5-DCV)
* VMware Certified Advanced Professional 5 Data Center Administration (VCAP5-DCA)
* VMware Certified Associate Network Virtualization (VCA-NV)
* VMware Certified Professional Network Virtualization (VCP-NV)
Education Required: High School
Years of Experience Required: 7+
Years of Experience Desired:
EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
Drug-Free Workplace/Drug Testing Employer: Intelligent Decisions maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing. A successful drug screen is required prior to employment.
Authorization to Share Resume and Personal Information: By submitting your resume for this position, you authorize Intelligent Decisions to share your resume, as well as personal information included on the resume, with its subsidiaries, affiliates and teaming partners for the purpose of considering you for this position and other available positions requiring comparable skills, education and experience. Should Intelligent Decisions or its affiliates and teaming partners wish to initiate pre-employment discussions, you will be asked to complete an employment application and related employment documents.
EEO and Affirmative Action Policy: Intelligent Decisions, Inc. (ID) is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. It is the policy of Intelligent Decisions, Inc. to provide equal employment opportunity in accordance with all applicable Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action laws, directives and regulations to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other protected status under Federal, State or Local laws.
Pay Transparency Policy: In accordance with Presidential Executive Order 13665, Intelligent Decisions will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.