IDeaS Enterprise Project Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 12/12/2017
Smart people. Great clients. A culture that fosters innovation, teamwork and professional enrichment. These are just a few reasons why so many individuals have built long and lucrative careers with IDeaS. That next individual could be you.
For 25 years, IDeaS has been helping the world s hospitality businesses maximize their revenue performance. IDeaS Revenue Solutions - a SAS Company, offers industry-leading pricing and revenue management Software, Services, and Consulting to the hospitality and travel industries. We've been called on by industries as far-ranging as parking, airlines, transportation and event ticketing.
Headquartered in Minneapolis, MN with our Global Technology center located in Pune, India, IDeaS maintains sales, support and distribution offices in North & South America, the United Kingdom, Europe, Middle East, Africa, Australia and Asia. No matter what we're working on, our goal is to make revenue management so user-friendly, insightful, and profitable that revenue management professionals wouldn't think of going back to the old way of doing things.
Love the hospitality industry but wanting to let go of property operations stress* Are you seeking exposure to a wide range of multi-national hotel chains* If you have a passion for training and technology solutions, IDeaS has an exciting opportunity for your consideration!
Job Overview & Requirements
The Enterprise Project Manager is responsible for planning, executing and finalizing enterprise projects according to set milestones and in consideration of the departmental and company goals. These include coordinating the efforts of team members and clients in order to effectively and efficiently deliver projects according to plan. IDeaS Enterprise Project Managers bring innovation and clarity to the client experience as the project unfolds and set the stage for a strong ongoing relationship.
For this role, you will have the opportunity to
* Develop and follow project plans, processes and communication standards for the IDeaS Enterprise solution.
* Prepare sample or high level project plans to satisfy prospect-client requirements to close deals, identify potential implementation options and provide recommendations on implementation approaches.
* Conduct project post mortems and create a recommendations report in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements.
* Ensure that the product requirements are documented and agreed with the client by the appropriate IDeaS teams
* Proactively manage changes in project and product scope
* Identify potential risks and devise risk response plans
* Effectively communicate project expectations to team members, stakeholders and clients in a timely and clear fashion.
* Manage client expectations fully and acts as a client liaison during the client project.
* Ensure transparency and visibility of the project and billing milestones to the organization is provided via Salesforce.com.
* Develop and deliver project status reports, and presentations.
* Build, develop and grow any business relationships vital to the success of the project and long term client retention.
* Motivate and manage project stakeholders and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work.
* Communicate the role of the project manager to the project team and client by outlining authority, decision and communication chains.
* Plan and schedule project timelines and milestones using Clarizen.
* Direct and manage the IDeaS Enterprise solution implementation from beginning to end ensuring that the system delivered will meet the client s requirements and deliver ongoing benefits to the client.
* Identify and matches skills of project team members across the organization with the project requirements and tasks; verifies that the project team members know and understand their assignments.
* Identify, document and escalate any performance issues and skill deficiencies of members of the project team to the appropriate management team.
* Understand the client s strategic and tactical objectives and anticipate how this will impact the IDeaS Enterprise Solution and the client's ability to get the maximum value from it.
* Maintain an in-depth knowledge of the IDeaS Enterprise Solution and their business application including business issues that they solve.
* Leverage project management methodologies and best practices to accelerate project delivery.
* Find out and adapt to the client s project management techniques.
* Any other reasonable duties as required by the company.
Do you qualify* You must have
* Bachelor s degree in relevant field such as hospitality management or business administration or similar
* 5+ year s business experience with at least 2 years in a project management role
* Working fluency in international business English (written and verbal)
* Working knowledge of project management tool(s)
* Proficiency in MS Windows, and MS Office software suite
* Comprehensive and proven project management skills
* Organizational, planning, analytical and problem solving skills
* Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
* Flexibility during times of change
* Strong interpersonal skills
* Ability to multi-task
* Ability to work pro-actively with minimal supervision
* Ability to work within and lead a team
* Ability for occasional travel for the purpose of meetings with clients, or internal company meetings at other locations
* Flexibility in working hours required to meet project deadlines and to accommodate clients in various time zones, and to provide systems support
Preferences for this role include
* Hotel industry experience, preferably in the Revenue Management Area
* Working knowledge of the service industry
* Salesforce.com or similar CRM database experience
* Experience working with a broad spectrum of project management techniques
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.
IDeaS/SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equivalent combination of education, training, and relevant experience may be considered in place of the education requirement stated above.
The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience.
Resumes may be considered in the order they are received.
IDeaS/SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, IDeaS/SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. IDeaS/SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.