I&E Tech A
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/19/2016
END DATE 11/23/2016
Energy Transfer Partners
JOB DESCRIPTIONEssential Functions:
Applies Controls skills and aptitude to repair, install, troubleshoot and perform other predictive and preventative maintenance tasks on assigned electronic, electrical, pneumatic and/or mechanical control systems, devices, and ancillary equipment such as electrical generators, air compressors, pumps, valves, valve operators, filters, scrubbers, etc., within the company's safety policies and procedures and compliance guidelines. Assists team or technical personnel and/or performs other tasks as defined.
Essential Requirements: Experience, Educational & Special Training Required
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Associates degree or advanced education in Instrumentation, Electrical Controls preferred.
- State Electrical License preferred but not required.
- The ability to plan, organize projects, and manage work assignments with minimum supervision and provide a strong focus on Safety and Company Compliance.
- Minimum two years' experience troubleshooting and maintaining engine control systems preferred but not required.
- Experience with electrical driven compression, Toshiba controls would be a big plus.
- Experience with GE/Toshiba Variable Frequency Drives (VFD) is highly desired.
- Experience with 4160 VAC voltage is necessary and essential to this position.
- Must be able to obtain required DOT Operator Qualifications within the company I&E Controls Skills as defined by the company Skill Progression Program within established deadlines.
- Possess a desire to advance individual knowledge and skills in other areas of our pipeline system (Station Operations, Pipeline Tech Duties, etc.) as assigned/required by team within team defined deadlines.
- Installation and maintenance of SCADA systems, plant, pipeline, and compressor components including pneumatic, electrical, and software associated with each.
- Diagnose and correct problems associated with PLC's and electrical systems & controls.
- Read and use drawings and schematics, including Electrical, Pneumatic and P&ID.
- Extensive knowledge of DOT 192 as it pertains to required testing and documentation for pipelines and compressor stations.
- Understanding of the National Electric Code and OSHA 1910 as it relates to electrical systems.
- Able to support call out/on call requirements.
- Maintains records for required state, federal and company procedures.
- Work independently as a liaison between Transwestern Pipeline, and outside entities, i.e. landowners, emergency response agencies, contractors and other pipeline companies.
- Experience and knowledge of OPTO controls platform and systems is desired.
- Special Characteristics/Job Requirements:
- Lifting up to 50 lbs. occasionally
- Incumbent is subject to call out 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and extended work-days and/or work-weeks.
- Responsible for the safe and efficient operations and maintenance of the area pipeline, compressor stations and associated equipment and assets.
- Required to carry a cell phone and work within a rotating on-call schedule.
- Subject to 24-hr/day callout for emergency response.
- Subject to hazardous conditions including escaping gas, adverse weather conditions and temperatures, heights, high-pressure gas, heavy lifting and cramped conditions.
- Candidate will be required to take and pass a pre-employment drug test, and will adhere to, and is subject to all U.S. Department of Transportation Drug and Alcohol related regulations, and will be subject to a background check
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Energy Transfer is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against qualified applicants or employees based on race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected classifications