I&E Tech B
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 11/12/2016
Energy Transfer Partners
JOB DESCRIPTIONEssential Functions:
- Multi-skilled position responsible for performing preventive and general maintenance and technical repair
- Work on instrumentation and electrical equipment.
- Responsible for installing all instrumentation and electrical components safely.
- Has the ability to troubleshoot problems with equipment. Runs conduit, pulls wire, changes motors, and
- Maintains lighting systems and basic motor controls.
- Maintains and troubleshoots plant control systems and complex equipment, e.g., generators, heaters etc.
- Maintain, modify and troubleshoot Distributive Control Systems (DCS) and/or Programmable Logic
- Controllers (PLC) to maximize use of control technology and minimize installation and operating costs.
- Maintains advanced monitoring devices (gas, flame/fire detectors, vibration and temperature monitors)
- Read P&ID and electrical diagrams and other complex electrical drawings; interprets plant electrical diagrams
- Updates electrical drawings.
- Installs, troubleshoots and maintains end devices, alarms, shutdown systems, process controls, substation and branch feeders, variable frequency drives, air/fuel controllers, panel boards, etc.
- Performs preventative and general maintenance on electronic and pneumatic equipment and parts associated with this equipment (which includes working near energized circuits over 440 volts).
- Is familiar with AC voltage (120-480) three phase and single phase plus 24 VDC.
- Has knowledge of plant processes, electrical layout, safety systems and area classifications.
- May work independently or with various groups to deal with issues that may arise.
- Uses hand tools, power tools, and electronic diagnostic equipment.
- Performs clean up associated with tasks.
- Provides training and technical support as required. Other duties and projects as assigned.
Essential Requirements: Experience, Educational & Special Training Required
- Must be literate in Emerson Delta V display software and PLC equipment, Accuload and Telvent truck loading control system and Alan-Bradley compressor control systems, with proven experience not less than 2 years.
- Ability to produce understandable and accurate reports and records.
- Is computer literate.
- Is able to examine/analyze equipment for defects.
- Uses hand tools, power tools and electronic diagnostic equipment.
- Must have record of very positive work performance, very good safety record, ability to perform work independently, history of being dependable and reliable, good organizational skills, good customer relations.
- Has actual operating knowledge of plant processes as well as knowledge of operations and maintenance of gas processing facilities and dehydration systems.
- Understands equipment repair manuals; federal, state and local codes and regulations: schematic, wiring diagrams, layouts, codes, standards (incl. company standards and other regulations).
- Ability to work well with others.
Special Characteristics/Job Requirements:
- Work may involve walking over uneven terrain, bending, moving from ground level to higher levels, and working around mechanical, industrial and electrical equipment. Candidate will be subject to DOT drug & alcohol testing requirements
- Must be willing to work overtime and handle call-outs
- Must have a minimum of a High School degree or equivalent.
- Ability to follow written or spoken work instructions in English.
- Lifting up to 50 lbs. occasionally.
- Outdoor work required with exposure to elements
- Able to work extended hours & call-outs as needed
- Valid driver's license and acceptable driving record
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Energy Transfer is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against qualified applicants or employees based on race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected classifications