Electrical Tech X
DCPMidstream - Perryton, TX
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
DCP Midstream is the link in the energy chain ensuring society has clean energy to warm homes, manufacture goods, and produce consumer products. As the largest producer of natural gas liquids in the U.S, DCP Midstream, is proud of the role its 2800 employees perform in gathering and processing natural gas in 18 States. Jointly owned by ConocoPhillips and Spectra Energy, DCP Midstream is the #1 Oil and Gas Company, and #1 Private Company in Denver, Colorado. (www.dcpmidstream.com)
Essential functions include, but are not limited to the following: (Note: these are subject to change as business and other conditions required):
1. Responsible for maintaining and programming a I/A DCS and PLCs.
2. Perform electrical maintenance, electrical PMs and coordinate electrical work involving contractors.
3. Provide detailed cost estimates for upgrades of DCS and other electrical projects.
4. Will be responsible for procurement and inventory of electrical parts.
5. Willing to work overtime and travel as job requires.
6. Will be required to assist other Automation Control Specialists and I & E Techs in the Asset.
This position will require travel.
1. Must have a minimum of a High School degree or equivalent.
2. Must be currently qualified as an Automation Control Specialist or be able to pass qualifying tests and requirements.
3. Must have reliable means of contact for call-out purposes.
4. Valid driver s license.
5. Currently live or be willing to relocate to within 35 miles of reporting location.
6. Computer literate.
1. Prefer candidate with two years prior experience as an I & E Technician.
2. Journeyman electrician certificate is desirable as well as experience programming PLCs/DCS.
3. Prior Plant Operations experience helpful.
4. Demonstrates sound judgement with the ability to make decisions and corrections when problems are detected.
5. Must be able to assume responsibility and perform duties and handle multiple tasks under potentially stressful and/or hazardous conditions.
6. Must have record of very positive work performance, very good safety record, knowledge of safety rules and practices, ability to perform work independently, history of being dependable and reliable, good organizational skills, good customer relations.
6. Must be open to learning, have a history of being able to work as part of a team, take pride in a job well done, enjoy working hard and be extremely reliable and dependable. Ability to follow written or spoken work instructions in English.
7. Abile to work well with others.
8. Must be able to perform basic mathematical calculations.
9. Must have mechanical aptitude and basic computer skills including spreadsheet and word processing applications.