IHP Clinical Education Program Coordinator (STAFF) 9/15/2016
Massachusetts General Hospital(MGH)
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY THE INSTITUTION:
MGH Institute of Health Professions in Boston is an innovative and interprofessional graduate school with post-baccalaureate, direct entry-level masters and doctorate, and post-professional programs in Nursing, Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy, Physician Assistant Studies, Speech-Language Pathology, Health Professions Education, and a PhD in Rehabilitation Sciences. The only degree-granting affiliate of Partners HealthCare System, the MGH Institute offers its more than 1,300 students unparalleled opportunities to learn and work alongside expert practitioners in a variety of hospital, clinical, community, and educational settings. The school, which has graduated more than 5,400 students since its 1977 founding by Massachusetts General Hospital, is fully accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC). Several programs are highly ranked by U.S. News & World Report and the school has been named for the past six years as a Great College to Work for by The Chronicle of Higher Education.
Manage administrative aspects of operations for the Clinical Education Program, including data management and communications with internal and external clinical education faculty, students, and personnel involved with regulatory requirements for the clinical education program. Responsible for payment to sites and external faculty by check and/or vouchers. Manage scheduling, clinical documentation and operations for on-site Center for Clinical Education and Health Promotion. Recruit, hire and train graduate assistants who work in the Center and support clinical education. Manage/build continuing education registration sites and communications with course participants. Assist the Department of Physical Therapy with department operations and events. Assume responsibility for the department in the event of the absence or extended absence of the Program Manager.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* 30%: Manage comprehensive databases related to clinical sites and clinical education faculty, student clinical experiences.
* 15%: Communication with clinical faculty and other clinical facility personnel regarding clinical education placement planning, and other administrative functions for the clinical education program.
* 10%: Manage payment for clinical education program, including vouchers and compensation for clinical education faculty, and other costs related to the clinical education program.
* 10%: Hire and supervise graduate assistants and temporary administrative staff to assist with daily functions of clinical education program and Department of Physical Therapy including the PT Center.
* 15%: Manage outcomes evaluation for the clinical education program: provide directed analysis of student and clinical site evaluations and clinical education program outcomes.
* 5%: Assist with DPT Admissions process: review of applications, data entry, scheduling and communication for interviews.
* 5%: Provide user training and support for web-based Clinical Performance Instrument to students and clinical faculty.
* 10%: Plan and support department events as well as other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Hires, trains and supervises graduate assistants who assist with programmatic responsibilities and
Center service to clients.
FISCAL / BUDGET RESPONSIBILITIES:
Assists clinical education faculty with reimbursement for job-related activities, some responsibility
for ordering supplies.
Works in an open workstation.
TRAINING / TIME REQUIRED TO LEARN JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
A full academic year in order to experience the various activities or events that take place throughout the year. EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS:
* Baccalaureate degree or equivalent strongly preferred.
* Two years of business/office training or related comparable work experience.
* Experience in a student-related setting a definite plus.
SKILLS / ABILITIES / COMPETENCIES:
Administrative Skills- Exceptional organizational and office systems skills, Excellent interpersonal and communications skills, including both email and telephone, Must be self-motivated, creative, and able to work independently and effectively in a multi-task environment. Must be able to work on several projects simultaneously and maintain responsibility for completion including accuracy and meeting deadlines. Able to problem-solve and take initiative. Must be able to compile and present coherent written reports that summarize data. Ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
Technical Skills- Must have an excellent working knowledge of the entire Microsoft suite, including the ability to analyze and develop database applications using Access and Excel. Must be able to quickly learn IHP applications including Datatel, Informer and others.
The MGH Institute of Health Professions is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff. We welcome nominations and applications from individuals who would bring diversity of experience, thought and practice to the Institutes research, teaching and clinical missions. Applications from protected veterans and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged.