INFORMATION AUDIT SEC ADMIN
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/13/2016
END DATE 10/26/2016
University of Kansas Hospital
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Details
I am at least 18 years of age
I am authorized to work in the United States
I meet the job requirements as described
Work among the best. We are a top 25 employer in the metro area offering a wide array of career opportunities within our organization. We have a leading reputation for patient care, medical education, research, and community service. We value and respect the talented, committed, and diverse people who make up our hospital; they are our most important strength. The hospital offers very competitive wages and an outstanding benefit package.
We currently have an opening for Information Audit and Security Administrator
* Serves as an internal information security administrator to KUHA. Demonstrates competence in the areas of critical thinking, interpersonal relationships, and technical skills.
* Participate in all system-related security plans throughout KUHA's network (which includes providing data as needed) to the Information Technology Services department.
* Prepares and maintains all guidelines, standards, and procedures to ensure that authorized persons have timely access to computerized information, while safeguarding the information confidentiality and security.
* Monitors the internal control systems to ensure that appropriate access levels are maintained. Develops and recommends KUHA and departmental policies to support security and confidentiality guidelines, standards and processes.
* Implements information security and privacy policies and procedures for KUHA.
* Monitors compliance with information security policies and procedures for KUHA.
* Acts as the backup for all electronic security matters for the Information Security Officer. Provides input for strategy and plans relative to security and confidentiality as part of the HIPAA Commitment strategic and tactical planning process.
* Initiates, facilitates, and promotes activities to create information security awareness for KUHA.
* Provides input for strategy and plans relative to security and confidentiality as part of the Information Technology Services strategic and tactical planning process.
* Administers and performs the security and confidentiality portion of the orientation presentation for new Med Students, Residents, and others as required.
* Demonstrates an aptitude and ability to analyze, create, and implement solutions for issues relative to security and confidentiality, including risk assessment, log monitoring, identity management, procedure change, hardware and/or software acquisition to accomplish such tasks.
* Uses log monitoring to assure KUHA's ability to meet legislated requirements of internal IT auditing.
* Advises the hospital with current information about information security technologies and related regulatory issues.
* Plans and executes hospital IT audit projects designed to provide assessment of internal control processes and operational performance, according with department and professional standards. This is a wide range of applications, processes, and computer platforms.
* Coordinates and manages the auditing of Information Technology systems within the framework of the KUHA Information Security Management Program.
* Monitors the different systems for information security and privacy issues.
* Coordinates the de-activation of multiple computer access with KUHA staff members during a risk termination.
* Coordinates the security and privacy display table for KUHA with the University side annually.
* Updates the Information Security Officer, the Director of HIPAA Commitment, and Privacy Officer of any security and/or privacy issues.
* Opens up projects with the Information Technology Services when necessary.
* Develop and execute presentations for the leadership of the hospital or for individual departments as needed.
* High School Diploma or equivalent required
* Bachelor's Degree required; Master's Degree preferred
* Four to five years of experience in computer security and operations. Prefer Master's degree in MIS or Management.
*** If selected to move forward in the hiring process, you will receive an email invitation to schedule your interview for this position. Please continue to check your email after you have submitted your complete application online.
To check the status of your application, please login to the Careers page and select the Application History tab ***
The University of Kansas Medical Center is committed to providing an equal opportunity for all qualified individuals to be considered for employment, benefits and conditions of employment, and to participate in or benefit from education programs and activities, regardless of race, religion, color, ethnicity, sex, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, status as a veteran, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, gender identity, gender expression, or genetic information. A university community that provides equal opportunity for all will make significant strides towards the elimination of discrimination.
It is the mission of the Equal Opportunity Office to create a community of equality and inclusiveness that provides full and fair opportunities for all persons and to foster an intellectually and culturally diverse environment of learning and leadership where all individuals are valued, respected, and unhindered in their pursuit of excellence in their work and education.