INTEGRATED NURSING CASE MGR
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/16/2016
END DATE 12/15/2016
University of Kansas Hospital
Kansas City, KS
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Details
Bachelor's Degree in Nursing or higher
I am at least 18 years of age
I am authorized to work in the United States
I meet the job requirements as described
Find yourself among the best. At The University of Kansas Hospital, nurses deliver world-class patient care in an environment where opinions are respected, professionalism is rewarded and teamwork is valued. Nurses come here to practice at the leading edge of their profession, to be an integral part of medical breakthroughs and to handle complex cases that community hospitals rarely if ever see. In addition to being the best place to work, the hospital offers very competitive wages and an outstanding benefit package.
We currently have an opening for an Integrated Nursing Case Manager position.
PROFESSIONAL IDENTITY STATEMENT FOR NURSES
At The University of Kansas Hospital, we strive to create a dynamic culture of professional behavior that requires personal and team accountability, self-reflection, integrity and respect. A nurse at The University of Kansas Hospital has a professional obligation to provide the highest quality of care that is reflective of the culture and to adhere to organizational policies and best practices.
This culture is actualized through image, attitudes and behavior.
* The Registered Nurse Case Manager (RN CM), under the direction of the Director/Manager of Case Management, provides care/service safely and efficiently for a full range of services to patients of all ages and their families.
* Primary role is to collaborate, communicate and facilitate coordination of services during hospitalization and post-hospitalization as established by the healthcare team. RN Case Manager concurrently facilitates proactive patient care services to ensure that care is appropriate, timely, and cost-effective and achieves the desired outcome.
* The RN Case Manager coordinates the care and service of selected patient populations across the continuum of illness; promotes effective utilization and monitoring of health care resources; and guides all disciplines toward positive quality outcomes.
* The RN Case Manager identifies, monitors and reports opportunities for quality and performance improvement to the appropriate department. The RN Case Manager takes an active role in performance improvement activities as it relates to their area of assignment.
* Bachelor's Degree in Nursing required
* Minimum two (2) years clinical experience.
* Minimum two (2) years clinical experience in health care setting preferred.
* Basic typing and word processing ability required Ability to proficiently read and document in electronic medical record required.
* High degree of cognitive skill - strong attention to detail required.
The University of Kansas Medical Center is committed to providing an equal opportunity for all qualified individuals to be considered for employment, benefits and conditions of employment, and to participate in or benefit from education programs and activities, regardless of race, religion, color, ethnicity, sex, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, status as a veteran, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, gender identity, gender expression, or genetic information. A university community that provides equal opportunity for all will make significant strides towards the elimination of discrimination.
It is the mission of the Equal Opportunity Office to create a community of equality and inclusiveness that provides full and fair opportunities for all persons and to foster an intellectually and culturally diverse environment of learning and leadership where all individuals are valued, respected, and unhindered in their pursuit of excellence in their work and education.