INVENTORY CLERK / 40 HOURS / DAY / BWH OR/CSS
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/7/2016
END DATE 11/18/2016
Brigham & Women's Hospital(BWH)
JOB DESCRIPTIONGENERAL SUMMARY/OVERVIEW STATEMENT:
Responsible for the receipt of daily orders from the dry dock verifying the correct quantity and unit of issue. Also responsible for the steady flow and stocking of all non-asset supplies and inventory items for the Central Processing Department, Operating Room, PACU, and Anesthesia Technical Services.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Check in daily order from the warehouse verifying receipts against requests for all departments.
2. Stocking of 34 Operating Rooms with specific stock lists for approximately 110 surgical procedures.
3. Stocking of seven exchange carts with identified product for each surgical service, stocking of seven specialty carts (Vascular, etc.).
4. Stocking of 100 oxygen tanks from receiving dock for patient transport.
5. Stocking of Cardiac refrigerators with solutions for use in open heart surgery.
6. Stocking of all areas in PACU, DSU, and Pre-Op Unit with medical/surgical and dietary supplies for use preoperatively.
7. Stocking of 52 Anesthesia carts with supplies for each surgical procedure.
8. Stocking of Case Cart area in the Central Processing Department with medical/surgical supplies for use in the Operating Room.
9. Assists in cycle counts for patient charge items in the Operating Room.
10. Stocking of all lounges, locker rooms, forms, and stationary supplies for all areas.
11. Stocks products using FIFO procedure to avoid stockpiling and ensure sterility of product.
12. On a periodic basis and as requested, inspects products for expiration date and package integrity to ensure sterility.
13. Works within an Operating Room environment understanding sterile technique used during surgery.
14. Works within the hospital and departmental policies relating to hospital safety and infection control.
High School education or equivalency. One to two years related experience preferred. Previous exposure to Inventory Systems preferred.
Ability to work well under stress. Good interpersonal relation skills. Ability to think quickly and use sound judgment. Ability to read, write, and speak English.
This position requires eight hours of time spent walking and standing. This job also involves routine lifting of heavy objects.
Exposure to an Operating Room environment, Intensive Care units, and Recovery Rooms is a requirement. Entering the Operating Room while a procedure is in progress is required.
A strict dress code including surgical scrub suits is also required.
Some handling of hazardous materials is required.
Brigham and Womens Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, age, veteran status, disability unrelated to job requirements, genetic information, military service, or other protected status.
Brigham and Womens Hospital I CARE Standards
The I CARE Standards guide me in my interactions with patients, family members, visitors, colleagues, and neighbors in my workplace and surrounding community to optimize the Brigham experience and help fulfill my role in our mission of providing seamless, high quality patient and family centered care.
C. I will Communicate my commitment to high quality performance
A. I will Appear and act as a professional
R. I will Respect all individuals
E. I will Extend myself