IP NOC Tech II
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/19/2016
END DATE 11/23/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONMore information about this job
*Cisco CCNA certification or progress towards the certification required for consideration*
EarthLink, an original Internet pioneer, has evolved into one of the world s top managed network, security and cloud solution providers. Our people keep us competitive and focused, and we re looking for talented professionals to join our team! Are you passionate about driving transformation* Are you ready to impact how people experience technology in business and as consumers* By joining EarthLink, you will feel energized by working in a fast-paced, ever-changing technology environment, and will gain experience to help you grow personally and professionally.
The successful NOC Technician will perform network surveillance to maintain integrity of EarthLink Business production network. The role of the NOC Technician is to ensure the reliability of EarthLink s network that serves our clients by providing support that will promote the health and stability of the network. The NOC Technician II works cross-functionally with internal resources, equipment vendors and facility providers to resolve issues in our deployed infrastructure.
* Monitor Core IP, ATM, Softswitch and associated equipment supporting Earthlink's hosted and managed services.
* Timely detection of network impacting events.
* Perform fault analysis, isolation and remediation in switching, digital, optical, and other technologies.
* Perform incident management functions for all core network events.
* Document all alerts and actions taken in a variety of systems and tools
* Provide general knowledge of EarthLink Communications products and services.
* Provide Single Point of Contact duties for high-risk & service impacting events.
* Interface with customers, engineers, vendors and technicians to resolve trouble reports.
* Provide technical assistance for service partners and ILEC technicians during service impacting network events.
* Carrier grade device management i.e. Software/firmware upgrades, maintenance procedures, and recovery tactics.
* Operate in a 24 X 7 Network Operations Center; this includes shift work, 2nd and 3rd shift hours, and weekends
* Perform maintenance level activities such as configuration changes, reloads, card insertion and removal, hardware upgrades on various IP platforms: Cisco 10K, Cisco 12K, Cisco 7600 series, Cisco 6500 series, Cisco Nexus switch platforms
* Train other NOC Technicians as needed.
* Work on other projects as needed.
* 3-5+ years experience working in NOC environment in the Telecommunications industry
* Cisco CCNA Certification.
* Associates degree or higher or equivalent experience
* Excellent oral and written communication skills, with an eagerness to provide outstanding customer service to internal and external clients.
* Demonstrable knowledge of the following IP protocols: BGP, OSPF, MPLS, Spanning Tree, UDLD, BFD
* Demonstrable knowledge of the following platforms: Cisco 10K, Cisco 12K, Cisco 7600 series, Cisco 6500 series, Cisco Nexus switch platforms, Cisco CRS, Cisco ASR9K, Fortinet security platforms, Alcatel/ Lucent ATM CBX, 7350, 7470, BPX/MGX, Marconi ATM, Metaswitch VoIP/ SIP Softswitch and Session Border Controller.
* Ability to troubleshoot Layer 1-3 faults in platforms listed.
* Demonstrable knowledge of various network troubleshooting tools such as, but not limited to: ping, traceroute, telnet, ssh, dig, SNMP get.
* Ability to configure and troubleshoot issues with: LDP, VRF, VPN, L2TP, SIP
* Understanding of SNMP traps and syslog messaging with the ability to react to and perform fault analysis for various messages.
* Ability to acknowledge multiple network alerts and messages and determine customer and/or network impact as a result of symptoms presented.
* Ability to read and interpret engineering documents such as Methods of Procedures and Work Orders for scheduled maintenances.
* Requires computer literacy: Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, SharePoint and Lotus Notes.
* Must be able to work independently with minimal guidance, while focusing on a sense of urgency for customer impacting issues.
* Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral diagram, or schedule form.
* Must be able to sit / stand for long period of time and perform other physical demand in the position including but not limited to lifting 30 pounds.