IP Network Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe IP Network Engineer position is initially a three-month contract opportunity located in the Reston, VA area.
THE CANDIDATE MUST HAVE EITHER AN ACTIVE UNITED STATES SECURITY CLEARANCE OR BE A US CITIZEN AND THEREFORE ABLE TO MEET THE MINIMUM ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR A SECURITY CLEARANCE.
The IP Network Engineer should have IP networking expertise for the engineering, support, health and status of business and corporate networks. Responsibilities cover technical areas concentrating on terrestrial design/upkeep with a focus on security.
The candidate will perform the work at the client site over normal business hours.
Position requires travel to customer sites.
* BS/BA or equivalent experience plus a minimum of six years directly related work experience required
* Minimum active CCNP routing/switching certification ; CCIE certifications preferred; Juniper JNC certifications desirable
* 5+ years' experience in routing architecture, Serial network design (EIA-520, RS-232), switching design/implementation
* 5 years' experience designing/implementing MPLS networks with working knowledge of Cisco IP SLA implementation
* Highly proficient in Cisco Routers/Switches, IP Subnets/design/configuration QoS - CBWFQ, LLQ, Classification Methods
* Proficient with Juniper CTP devices and Cisco ASA firewall implementation and configuration
* Experience implementing DISA STIGS on various Cisco Hardware, configuring and troubleshooting Cisco IPsec (AES 256), Firewall (Cisco ASA), IPS, route- maps, and ACLs
* Expert knowledge and understanding of TCP/IP network technologies; DNS, DHCP, TFTP, NAT, and SSL
* Strong knowledge and experience with MPLS and working knowledge of the configuration and implementation of IP SLA
* Experience with LAN infrastructure (e.g., VLANs, Trunking, HSRP), Installing/Troubleshooting WAN circuits
* Experience working in an IP over satellite environment and ability to work in a team environment as a team lead
* MPLS design, configuration, implementation, management of service provider network infrastructure and services
* Design, configure, troubleshoot in a service provided environment of BGP/OSPF routing, MPLS routing/switching
* Network design, configuration, and implementation support for Data center routing and switching environment, Serial Networks using Juniper CTP devices, and serial based satellite modems
* Support of network moves, upgrades, and changes including hardware installation and configuration
* Generate engineering standards and conduct acceptance testing for new installations and overall network architecture
* Technical lead for the installation and configuration of IP hardware at various teleports and network centers
* Perform site survey's for the installation of IP hardware at customer facilities
* Build Ethernet and serial cables during installation activities; follow industry installation best practices