This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/17/2016
END DATE 11/13/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition Description
Reporting to the VP Intellectual Property, the IP paralegal will assist in the delivery of legal services related to intellectual property and advertising to global businesses. The IP paralegal will be responsible for the review of packaging, advertising and marketing materials. The candidate will also provide support for invoicing, budgeting and cost management. The IP paralegal should be able to effectively manage a high degree of responsibility and challenging workload; and will have direct contact with internal and external stakeholders worldwide.
More specifically, you will have to:
* Maintain the IP operations and keep IP prosecution activities organized, on track and moving forward.
* Improve and implement IP policies and procedures.
* Assist with matters relating to intellectual property as assigned, including performing trademark and patent searches using electronic research tools such as USPTO and WIPO databases, gathering information for trademark applications and renewals and preparation of reports and correspondences.
* Review artwork, advertisements and promotional materials to assure proper usage and compliance.
* Provide administrative support including tracking invoicing, budgeting and spend management.
* Maintain working knowledge of the Company s policies, procedures and practices to help identify issues.
* Interact with internal and external IP stakeholders to ensure timely filing of appropriate reports.
You must successfully complete a selection process that includes interviews, aptitude tests (for some positions) and reference verification.
* Paralegal Certificate from ABA approved program.
* 5 + years paralegal experience
* Working knowledge of advertising law and trademark law
* Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills to professionally and effectively interact with various departments and vendors.
* Customer/client focused approach to working with the business.
* Superior attention to detail.
* Ability to quickly prioritize and focus efforts on the most critical issues; engage fully to implement resolution.
* Highly organized with the ability to manage multiple tasks with short timelines.
* Experience working effectively in complex global organizations, satisfying the needs of diverse constituents, and often working under the pressure of competing and sometimes conflicting priorities.
* Must be proficient in Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
* Bachelor s Degree in Law or Business
* Experience in the area of patent law
* In-house intellectual property paralegal experience
* Strong and proven analytic skills, project management experience a plus;
* Excellent time management skills and ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously;
* Self-starter with proven interpersonal and communication skills;
* Strong teaming skills, ability to work with diverse teams, multiple organizational levels and across business functions
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.