IP Prosecution Secretary
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/20/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Salt Lake City, UT
JOB DESCRIPTIONA national legal firm in Salt Lake City is looking for a professional and talented Patent Prosecution Secretary. Duties include supporting their patent attorneys in docket and practice management, the preparation and prosecution of patent applications at the USPTO, and performing a variety of patent support and administrative tasks. This organization offers EXCELLENT salaries, OUTSTANDING benefits, and a professional work environment.
* Manage and perform range of duties related to electronic internal file system
* Generate templates for patent applications, and responses to various Office Actions. These duties relate to filing/correspondence with USPTO, PCT, and foreign associates
* Prepare additional templates for various legal documents
* Review formalities of filed patent documents to ensure proper form, including Filing Receipts, Declarations, Recordings, Information Disclosure Statements, allowed patents ready to issue, etc.)
* Perform electronic filings at USPTO
* Manage intake and opening of matters
* Perform a range of administrative duties
* Applicants must have substantive experience with patent prosecution, and desire to have a long term career in this field
* Superior attention to detail and proofreading skills are required
* Applicants must be proficient at using Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint) Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Applicants should have the interest and ability to deal with highly-technical subject matter, including cutting-edge computer and electrical material
* Excitement about IP, a strong work ethic, and a drive to excel are all necessary