IP Routing and Switching Data Center Network Engineer 8/20/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY We are looking to hire a IP ROUTING AND SWITCHING - DATA CENTER NETWORK ENGINEER who will be responsible to support technology delivery within defined capital projects. This position will execute engineering tasks according to plan and meet engineering goals and objectives.
A successful candidate is someone who has the ability to establish and maintain a high level of customer trust and confidence in networking expertise as well as excellent oral and written communication skills in both technical and non-technical terms.
* Plan and execute network moves, upgrades, and changes including hardware installation/configuration, change management, and customer activations.
* Acquire and maintain current knowledge of relevant product and service offerings.
* Generate engineering standards and perform acceptance testing for new equipment.
* Assist in special projects with the ability to function in a highly dynamic environment.
DATA CENTER REQUIREMENTS:
* Proficient knowledge and experience with Cisco Nexus switching technology and architectures
* Knowledge and experience with integration of Data Center compute and storage platforms - Cisco UCS, HP Virtual-Connect, Nutanix, NetApp
* Knowledge and experience with integration of Data Center virtualization technologies - VMware, Hyper-V, Virtual Switching, etc.
* Knowledge and experience with Application Delivery Controller systems - F5, Citrix
* Knowledge and experience with integrating Data Center security systems - Firewalls, IDS/IPS, UTM
* Proficient with IP subnetting
* Thorough knowledge and understanding of TCP/IP and related protocols; HTTP/HTTPS, DNS, DHCP, TFTP, NAT, and SSL
* Ability to configure and troubleshoot IP routing protocols - BGP, OSPF, EIGRP
* Experience configuring LAN switching infrastructure - VLANs, Trunking, FHRP's
* Proficient knowledge of network security best practices with hands on experience configuring Access Control rules, TACACS+, SNMP, AAA, SSH
* Demonstrated troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
* BS/BA or Associates Degree in Computer Science or Engineering plus a minimum of six years directly related work experience or equivalent.
* CCNA certification required
* CCNP certification preferred