IP Trademark Assistant
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/6/2016
END DATE 11/6/2016
Barnes & Thornburg LLP
JOB DESCRIPTIONSUMMARY: Under the direct supervision of a Trademark Partner and according to established policies and procedures, the Trademark Assistant is responsible for the general support for the trademark group.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Reviews all incoming mail for the Trademark group, and drafts appropriate correspondence in response.
2. Reviews and maintains the Trademark docket; prepares letters, assignments, Reservation of Powers of Attorney Renewals, Trademark office documents and other appropriate actions based on the docket review.
3. Prepares and electronically files with the USPTO new applications, Statements of Use, Extensions of time, powers of attorney and responses to office actions.
4. Orders certified copies; obtains legalization of documents; prepares foreign filing estimates.
a. Inputs new, incoming work;
b. Maintains trademark database;
c. Maintains trademark form letters.
5. Prepares intake and inventory reports for clients, prepares new matter short forms.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
1. Working knowledge of the Firm’s core applications, including Word XP, Excel, GroupWise, CD Entry and iManage, and Global IP Estimates.
2. Experience with the IP Department’s software application, Computer Packages Inc.
3. Knowledge and understanding of the office procedures, fees and forms of the USPTO.
4. A minimum of two years experience work in a law firms Intellectual Property department.
5. Interpersonal skills necessary in order to communicate with a diverse group of attorney’s, staff and clients and provide information with ordinary courtesy and tact.