IPD Consulting Engineer - wireline accounts - 400
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 11/25/2016
Nokia Siemens Networks
JOB DESCRIPTIONNokia is a global leader in the technologies that connect people and things. With state-of-the-art software, hardware and services for any type of network, Nokia is uniquely positioned to help communication service providers, governments, and large enterprises deliver on the promise of 5G, the Cloud and the Internet of Things. Serving customers in over 100 countries, our research scientists and engineers continue to invent and accelerate new technologies that will increasingly transform the way people and things communicate and connect.
Job Position Summary Description:
We are seeking a technical sales executive to work in our large service provider customer base.
As a senior member of the IP and Optical Networks (ION) division of Nokia, the successful candidate will directly influence the sales strategy, product positioning and customer interactions to define next generation mobile, wireline and cloud based networks.
Interfacing with senior leadership inside both Nokia and our customers, the candidate will be the primary customer interface to Nokias technical and business strategies.
Required Qualifications: (Education, Technical Skills/Knowledge)
* 10 years in networking and telecom
* Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
* Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
* Effective customer management skills including at executive levels
* Technical expertise in telecom networks (wireline, mobile and cloud) and next generation technologies, with a focus on IP, SDN and NFV.
This position requires travel up to 2 weeks a month
Desired Qualifications: (Education, Technical Skills/Knowledge)
* Familiarity with Nokia IP and cloud products (e.g. 7750SR, Nuage networks)
* IP Networking technologies (e.g. BGP, MPLS)
* Direct data center experience in compute, storage and networking technologies (e.g. Openstack, VXLAN)
* SDN related technologies and architectures:
* Service Function Chaining
* Virtual Network Functions
* Expertise in Business and residential services (MPLS VPNs, BNG)
* Expertise in Wireless architectures (EPC, backhaul, 5G)
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.