IS Business Analyst
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/19/2016
END DATE 10/15/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Requirements:
- Bachelor s degree in Business or an Information Technology field or equivalent work experience
Experience and Skills
- Minimum three years of experience as an IT business analyst.
- Firm understanding of ANSI ASC X12 file standards with emphasis on the healthcare related 837P, 835, and 834 transaction sets.
- Competency in technical requirements documentation and use case writing.
- Professional verbal and written communication skills. Ability to effectively correspond with both business and technical staff and translate needs accordingly.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office tools.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment with minimum supervision.
- Skilled in project management methodologies.
- Customer service oriented
- Heavy analytical and problem solving capabilities
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to follow complex instructions .
Competencies / Skills
- Analytical Skills - Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
- Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Communication, Written - Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
- Decision Making - Ability to make critical decisions while following company procedures.
- Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Interpersonal - Ability to get along well with a variety of personalities and individuals.
- Judgment - The ability to formulate a sound decision using the available information.
- Problem Solving - Ability to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems.
- Time Management - Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines. Manages multiple priorities and competing demands.
- This position will spend 10% of work time traveling and 90% of work time within an office environment.
LogistiCare is the nation's leading managed healthcare organization specializing in the management of healthcare transportation benefits. LogistiCare s client base consists of state and local government agencies (Medicaid agencies, transit authorities, school boards), managed care organizations and hospitals. LogistiCare is not a provider of transportation vehicles (we do not physically own vehicles). Instead, LogistiCare manages a network of transportation providers and provides the administrative infrastructure to authorize services and provide billing and claims payment functionality allowing LogistiCare to offer a complete outsourcing solution to our clients.
We are recruiting an IS Business Analyst to work within our Jacksonville, Florida office.
The IS Business Analyst primary function is to serve as a single, consistent point-of-contact for EDI partnerships with LogistiCare. This position will work with our external business customers using the analyst s independent judgment to onboard new clients, manage updates to existing interfaces, and solve issues presented. The analyst also will coordinate with internal team members such as IT management, EDI analysts, software engineers, quality assurance analysts, operations directors and managers, and project managers on EDI issues. The analyst will act as project manager for some projects including, but not limited to, gathering and documenting business requirements for technical tasks and projects; evaluating business challenges and recommending solutions; interpreting partner system requirements and specifications; analyzing data, layouts, requirements and documentation to determine development needs; supporting the staff s interfaces and applications during the production phase; assisting in preparing documentation and creating task lists; performing data audits to validate information supplied to customers; and running reports as needed.
The IS Business Analyst will be required to perform administrative tasks in support of the team such as processing and tracking projects, managing system access applications, and handling incoming and outgoing project communications.
The analyst handles day-to-day management of internal and external customer questions and needs and will participate in meetings, respond to questions and issues, document policy, procedures and meeting minutes, and serve as the primary contact to the IT staff. This requires the analyst to be highly organized with a strong attention to detail and able to effectively multitask.
The IS Business Analyst reports directly to the Technical Program Manager.
- Gathers, analyzes, and documents business requirements for electronic interface development.
- Manages the flow of questions and feedback during the development, testing, and production phases of software solutions.
- Communicates complex technical procedures effectively; makes data exchange concepts clear, simple, and understandable to both technical and business staff.
- Creates and manages project tasks lists.
- Maintains system protocols by writing and updating procedures.
- Audits data to validate information supplied to and received from customers.
- Prepares client related documentation.
- Prepares technical reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Works with customers, sales, programmers, and other consultants to implement solutions.
- Provides consultation and support to customers to ensure developed technical specifications meet their requirements.
LogistiCare is an Equal Opportunity Employer.