IS Support Specialist II 8/9/2016
YMCA of Greater Seattle
JOB DESCRIPTIONYou long for impact and purpose. We offer it daily. At our 14 branches, two overnight camps and more than 200 program sites, YMCA employees serve the people of King and south Snohomish Counties with programs and services tailored to fit the needs of those we reach. Three overarching goals drive our work: youth development, healthy lifestyles and social responsibility. We have an immediate job opening for a qualified candidate whose values align with our organization: Caring, Honesty, Respect, and Responsibility.
Provides Tier 1 and Tier II support of YMCA desktops, laptops, and peripherals for 1000+ users in a multi-site environment. Diagnose, repair and maintain desktop and network support issues for optimal performance. Managed VOIP PBX solution for multiple locations.
* Resolve 40% of IssueTrak requests
* Manage and maintain documentation of VoIP processes; designated internal SME
* Maintain desktop imaging environment, perform system upgrades and data center maintenance.
* Maintain SCCM and DPM for software updates.
* Resolves helpdesk requests from multiple channels and tracks all requests through the IS Helpdesk system. Prioritizes and schedules tasks. Escalates problems (when appropriate) to the appropriate owner.
* Installs, configures, tests, maintains, monitors, troubleshoots and repairs end user workstation hardware, peripheral devices, network equipment and software.
* Perform adds, moves, changes for VoIP PBX sites, maintains associated auto-attendant and voicemail.
* Performs some system administration functions such as server maintenance, executing SQL / Scribe scripts as needed, application upgrades, etc.
* Maintains IT asset management of all equipment. Maintains configuration control of approved software and license counts.
* Ensures agency integrity through compliance of softwarelicenses, network security and application access.
* Maintains a working knowledge of all enterprise level applications to troubleshoot network connectivity issues, installation of applications and basic user questions.
* Assists with developing and maintaining an inventory of all IS-managed equipment and software/licenses.
* Participates in after-hours support rotation.
* Serves as an escalation path for Help Desk issues, providing assistance as needed to users. This function is expected to be 40% of assigned tasks. Participates in after-hours on-call service for IS Helpdesk.
* Aids in development of business continuity and disaster recovery plans, maintains current knowledge of plan executables, and responds to crises in accordance with business continuity and disaster recovery plans.
* Two or more years working in a Windows server environment. Including experience in SQL Server, Office 365 Exchange, SharePoint, terminal Services and performing backups in a helpdesk environment. Virtualization experience is preferred.
* Three years experience working with Active Directory and domains including a working knowledge of group policy management.
* Two or more years experience in personal computer setup and repair including software installation, server and network configuration.
* Excellent technical knowledge and support experience with desktop and laptop workstation, network equipment and peripherals (printers, scanners, switches, input devices, etc.). Including experience with desktop imaging software for PC deployments.
* Excellent written tuition assistance; 12% retirement contribution, as eligible.
The YMCA of Greater Seattle is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity, inclusion, and equity. We are a drug & alcohol-free workplace.