This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 12/8/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONRequisition Number
Registrar INSPIRE THE FUTURE!
The Registrar supports school administrators by processing requests for both new enrollments and withdrawals, maintaining student files and records that are both clerical and academic in nature, performing routine administrative duties and facilitating communications with various stakeholders.
AS A REGISTRAR, YOU WILL...
* Request and track receipt of records for newly enrolled students; prepare mass data imports for new students within prescribed time frames;
* Process student withdrawals; fulfill records requests for withdrawn students within prescribed time frames;
* Process parent contact and data information changes;
* Maintain K12 and state student-level databases;
* Create and maintain student cumulative files and other student records; audit for accuracy on at least an annual basis; establish and maintain secure access to student records; ensure proper disposal of student records;
* Serve as primary point of contact for families, teachers, staff, and other schools in regards to accessing student information and records;
* Assist in routine administrative duties including: preparing and maintaining transcripts and records release forms; preparing progress reports; preparing state testing (as needed); and preparing school-wide mailings;
* Assist counselors in verifying graduation requirements and credits earned, as applicable;
* Assist with national K12 efforts in training, process enhancement, etc.; facilitate communications between local schools, K12 and school districts as needed;
* Ensure school personnel comply with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).
Get to know ISKS!
* Insight School of Kansas
* Behind the Scenes
* A Day in the Life
Are you driven by excellence to deliver instruction, support and guidance, manage the learning process, and focus on students individual needs* If selected, you will participate in a comprehensive new teacher training program for three weeks before the start of school. It is an opportunity to meet colleagues and learn the responsibilities required for delivering curriculum in an online environment. During this training you will also learn how to monitor student progress through K12 s learning management system, and to be a partner actively working with students and parents to advance each child s learning.
* High school diploma or equivalent AND
* One (1) year of related work experience OR
* Equivalent combination of education and experience
* Excellent organizational and time management skills
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Detail oriented, able to identify errors in student data and information
* Able to multi-task, get tasks done quickly and accurately
* Customer service oriented, team-player
* Ability to work with minimal supervision
* Proficiency using Microsoft Outlook and Word
* Advanced proficiency using Microsoft Excel including the ability to use pivot tables
* Experience using search engines (internet) for research
* Experience using a student information system and/or other type of database
* Ability to pass required background check
* Ability to obtain required fingerprint clearance
* Bachelor s degree
* Experience working in a charter school
WHO ARE WE*
* About Us
* K12 Produces Results
* Kudos and Honors
K12 is a Federal Contractor seeking priority Veteran referrals, is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, age, genetics or any other characteristic protected by law.
* Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
Send This Job to a Friend