(ISMN) Part Time High School Social Studies Teacher
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 1/26/2017
Saint Paul, MN
JOB DESCRIPTIONRequisition Number
(ISMN) Part Time High School Social Studies Teacher
Part Time High School Social Studies Teacher INSPIRE THE FUTURE!
K is a dynamic company on a mission to provide the most compelling, comprehensive, and effective K-12 education available. Our employees are a critical part of an organization that is providing powerful, new options for the way children can be educated. They have a passion for education and a drive to make a difference. We pride ourselves on maintaining the highest level of integrity. We have the same high expectations for our employees as we do for the students who are in our programs. These are just a few of the values that make K a great place to work.
A high school teacher is a highly qualified and state certified teacher responsible for delivering specific course content in an on line environment. Anticipated openings are in the following content specialty areas: English, Math, Science, History and Electives (i.e. Physical Education, Health, etc.). Teachers provide instruction, support and guidance, manage the learning process, and focus on students individual needs. Teachers monitor student progress through K12 s learning management system, and they work actively with students and parents to advance each child s learning.
AS A VIRTUAL TEACHER, YOU WILL...
* Learn the curriculum in its entirety for assigned grade levels.
* Demonstrate knowledge of the state standards and how both align with the K12 curriculum.
* Understand overall diversity of assigned families and individual characteristics of students/parents; specifically, how this impacts support needed.
* Utilize asynchronous and synchronous tools to augment course content according to prescribed policies and procedures.
* Learn and use the resources available through K12 International Academy.
* Orient students to course and communicates course requirements.
* Maintain regular office hours and conduct instructional sessions.
* Set and enforce deadlines for student work.
* Support parents with student curricular and instructional issues.
* Responsible for student academic progress and attendance
* Balance flexibility of the K12 curriculum with Academy policies and procedures.
* Conduct conferences with students and parents/responsible adult.
* Individualize instruction to help each student achieve K12 curricular objectives.
* Grade student work and maintain grade book.
* Communicate high expectations and show an active interest in student s achievement.
* Alert administrators to any concerns about student performance and progress.
* Recommend promotion and retention.
* Maintain regular contact with students and families
* Create and manage home office.
* Organize social and educational activities for students and families, including sponsorship of one virtual club.
* Establish and maintain a positive rapport with assigned families.
* Support students with set-up and maintenance of their teaching environment.
* Support students through basic computer troubleshooting.
* Collaborate with peers.
* Build community by contributing to school message boards, newsletter and events.
* Travel to and participate in staff meetings and professional development sessions.
Get to know ISMN!
* Insight School of Minnesota
* Behind the Scenes
* A Day in the Life
Are you driven by excellence to deliver instruction, support and guidance, manage the learning process, and focus on students individual needs* If selected, you will participate in a comprehensive new teacher training program for three weeks before the start of school. It is an opportunity to meet colleagues and learn the responsibilities required for delivering curriculum in an online environment. During this training you will also learn how to monitor student progress through K12 s learning management system, and to be a partner actively working with students and parents to advance each child s learning.
* 3+ years teaching experience
* Bachelor s degree and/or professional experience in subject area
* Appropriate state certification
* Meets state s NCLB s Highly Qualified Teacher requirements
* Proficient in MS Excel, Word, and Outlook
* Experience in a customer service environment
* Strong written/verbal communication skills
* Flexible schedule
* Experience coordinating academically-oriented clubs and extracurricular activities
* Ability to travel at least once per month within and between assigned geographic areas to support students, attend regularly scheduled meetings, and participate in school activities, open houses and orientations.
* Experience working with the proposed age group
* Experience supporting adults and children in the use of technology
* An ability to learn new technology tools quickly (e.g., database and web-based tools)
* An ability to support and guide adults as well as students
WHO ARE WE*
* About Us
* K12 Produces Results
* Kudos and Honors
K12 is a Federal Contractor seeking priority Veteran referrals, is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status age genetics, or any other characteristic protected by law..
* Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
Send This Job to a Friend