(ISOK) Encumbrance Clerk
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 11/10/2016
Midwest City, OK
JOB DESCRIPTIONRequisition Number
(ISOK) Encumbrance Clerk
Encumbrance Clerk INSPIRE THE FUTURE!
The Encumbrance Clerk oversees the processing of daily invoices and disbursement transactions, performs limited staff training, assists in metric reporting, and the timely payment of vendors.
AS AN ENCUMBRANCE CLERK, YOU WILL...
* Oversee activities regarding the purchasing cycle, including data entry of appropriations, verification of available appropriations prior to issuing purchase order, creation of purchase orders with correct coding, and processing payments;
* Perform bookkeeping tasks in compliance with all company policies and procedures as well as consistently maintain compliance with Oklahoma Cost Accounting (OCAS) regulations;
* Work closely with Head of School and School Treasurer to ensure all of the company s disbursement and payment goals and policies are met;
* Maintain proper and complete record-keeping and supporting documentation;
* Review account coding and coordinate OCAS coding;
* Submit monthly listing of encumbrances to Board for approval;
* Attend OCAS training.
* ***This position is part time OR if paired with the High School Graduation Coach role, will be fulltime.***
Get to know ISOK!
* Insight School of Oklahoma
* Behind the Scenes
* A Day in the Life
Are you driven by excellence to deliver instruction, support and guidance, manage the learning process, and focus on students individual needs* If selected, you will participate in a comprehensive new teacher training program for three weeks before the start of school. It is an opportunity to meet colleagues and learn the responsibilities required for delivering curriculum in an online environment. During this training you will also learn how to monitor student progress through K12 s learning management system, and to be a partner actively working with students and parents to advance each child s learning.
* Associate s degree(s) in bookkeeping, business or related field of study AND
* Three (3) years experience in encumbrance clerk duties OR
* Equivalent combination of education and experience
* Highly ethical professional with strong business acumen
* Ability to be exacting, thorough and attentive to detail, while still meeting deadlines
* Understanding of the importance of being process oriented
* Ability to quickly and appropriately respond on external Auditor inquiries
* Strong team working and communication skills
* Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Excel, Outlook, Word, Windows 7; Wen-Gage system
* Ability to pass required background check
* Undergraduate degree
WHO ARE WE*
* About Us
* K12 Produces Results
* Kudos and Honors
K12 is a Federal Contractor seeking priority Veteran referrals, is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, age, genetics or any other characteristic protected by law.
* Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
Send This Job to a Friend