ISSO Team Lead
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
The ISSO Team Lead serves as a Lead Cyber Security Specialist and will perform level III ISSO and/or ISSO support responsibilities as well as Team Lead responsibilities to include:
* Leading a team of up to 10 ISSOs including schedule maintenance, performance management, and customer relationship management
* Ensuring that all ISSOs within the program area are properly trained on ISSO activities;
* Providing security-related expertise and mentorship to junior ISSOs within the program area;
* Supporting personnel management activities for the program area team;
* Ensuring that security requirements for the assigned major application or general support system are being or shall be met;
* Ensuring that requests for security authorization (also referred to as C&A) of assigned major application or general support systems are completed in accordance with the published procedures;
* Ensuring that protective measures for physical security threats are in place;
* Ensuring compliance with all legal requirements concerning the use of commercial proprietary software, e.g., respecting copyrights and obtaining site licenses;
* Maintaining an inventory of hardware and software within the program/development offices or field site facility;
* Coordinating the development of a Contingency Plan and ensuring that the plan is tested and maintained;
* Ensuring risk analyses are completed to determine cost-effective and essential safeguards;
* Ensuring preparation of security plans for sensitive systems and networks;
* Attending security awareness and related training programs and distributing security awareness information to the user community as appropriate;
* Reporting IT security incidents (including computer viruses) in accordance with established procedures;
* Reporting security incidents not involving IT resources to the appropriate security office; and
* Providing input to appropriate IT security personnel for preparation of reports to higher authority concerning sensitive and/or national security information systems.
* U.S. Citizenship is required by the contract.
* Bachelor s Degree in related IT field
Minimum Years of Relevant Experience
* Eight years of IA experience; 3 of which must be FISMA-related
* Experience leading teams of information security professionals.
* Demonstrated ability to apply extensive knowledge of a variety of the IA field s concepts, practices, and procedures to ensure the secure integration and operation of all systems.
* Knowledge of NIST SP 800 family of publications, particularly those associated with risk management policy and procedures.
* Extensive specialized knowledge of financial audit standards, classified system IA requirements, Privacy Act requirements, or Critical Infrastructure Protection.
* Experience with evaluating systems, networks, or infrastructure security controls against requirements such as FISMA, FIPS, and NIST guidelines.
* Extensive knowledge and experience with three (3) of the four (4) following criteria:
* Vulnerability scanning execution, assessment, and analysis.
* Operating system and network knowledge (i.e., Local Area Networks [LAN] and Wide Area Networks [WAN]).
* Information security and assurance principles (e.g., Defense-in-depth) and associated supporting technologies.
* Application security, database security, and network security.
* Demonstrated ability to assess and weigh current and evolving security threats in an operational environment.
* Knowledge of DHS Information Security Policy Directives and Handbooks.
Required possession of one or more professional security certifications, including but not limited to:
* Certified Information System Security Professional (CISSP)
* Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
* Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)
* Demonstrated ability to rely on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
* Able to work effectively independently to solve problems quickly and completely.
* Ability to lead effectively and direct the work of others.
* Experience reporting to a Contractor Program Manager and System Owner.
* Experience in supporting, monitoring, testing, and troubleshooting hardware and software IA problems.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills.
* Management experience in leading a team of security professionals.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.less than pless than p