ISV Technical Evangelist
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 11/10/2016
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONPost Date:
ISV Tech Evangelist
Salesforce.com is the global leader in customer relationship management (CRM) software. We pioneered the shift to cloud computing, and today we're delivering the next generation of social, mobile and cloud technologies that help companies revolutionize the way they sell, service, market and innovate-and become customer companies. We are the fastest growing of the top 10 enterprise software companies, the World's Most Innovative Company according to Forbes and one of Fortune's 100 Best Companies to Work For. Our more human, less corporate culture is built around doing work that matters, winning as a team and celebrating success Aloha-style. Ready to find your #dreamjob*
ISV Technical Evangelist is a key Salesforce App Cloud technical position, responsible for supporting ISV revenue growth by helping partners successfully assess our technologies, then choose to build, sell, and deliver commercial apps on the Salesforce App Cloud. As an ISV Technical Evangelist, your role is to help Salesforce ISVs build and distribute enterprise quality apps leveraging the Salesforce platform. This position requires strong technical and communications skills, excellent time management and prioritization capabilities, and an aptitude for critical thinking. In this role, you will work closely with ISV prospects and partners as well as our own ISV account managers, product managers, and partner programs professionals, all working towards the shared goal of ISV and reseller partner success and growth of the ISV and reseller channel.
This individual must be a compelling presenter and product guru who will effectively evangelize Salesforce technologies -- platform and apps -- with deep technical expertise and first-hand experience working in similar roles.
* Be a trusted technical advisor to Salesforce.com ISVs building commercial, enterprise-quality apps on the Salesforce platform.
* Recruit new and strategic ISVs to build on the platform by developing prototypes and demos to highlight Salesforce platform technologies and features.
* Participate in architectural and design discussions with strategic ISV partners to ensure technical success with Salesforce technologies.
* Influence next-generation platform technologies, features, and tools in partnership with internal product R&D teams
* Evangelize Salesforce platform technologies via interactions with our partner community including in-person events, blogs, wiki articles, discussion forums, code samples, newsletters and webinars
* BA/BS in Computer Science or similar technical degree or equivalent experience
* Internship experience as a software developer, architect, technology evangelist, consultant, or product manager for relevant web technologies
* Understanding of commercial software development practices, methodologies, and tools
* Strong technical background and application development experience, including solid app dev abilities on Force.com , Heroku, and ideally one or more of the following languages: Java, .NET, PHP, Python, Ruby
* Passionate and knowledgeable about exploring and experimenting with the latest Force.com and Heroku technologies.
* Excellent presentation, demonstration, and inter-personal communication skills; experienced speaker at company events
* Working knowledge of modern web technologies and cloud computing
* Deep analytical skills enabling comprehension and development of complex business and technical issues, topics and plans
* Methodical and organized; able to manage multiple opportunities, projects and priorities concurrently
* Talented at explaining complex topics clearly and concisely, and effective at providing practical guidance
* Experience developing on Force.com
* Force.com Developer Certified
* Experience developing apps on Heroku
Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world's #1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. The company was founded on three disruptive ideas-a new technology model in cloud computing, a pay-as-you-go business model and a new integrated corporate philanthropy model. These founding principles have taken our company to great heights, including being named one of Forbes World's Most Innovative Company five years in a row and one of Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For eight years in a row. We are the fastest growing of the top 10 enterprise software companies, and this level of growth equals incredible opportunities to grow a career at Salesforce. Together, with our whole Ohana (Hawaiian for "family") made up of our employees, customers, partners and communities, we are working to improve the state of the world.
Salesforce.com is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Salesforce.com does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com.