IT Acquisition Analyst (3401)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/26/2016
END DATE 1/26/2017
Logistics Management Institute
JOB DESCRIPTIONTracking Code
LMI is seeking an IT Acquisition Analyst to assist government agencies in planning, acquiring, and monitoring IT and related programs and systems. LMI is a private, not-for-profit government consulting firm located in Tysons, VA, which provides technical and analytical expertise within a broad spectrum of public policy management.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Perform pre-acquisition activities including assisting in requirements definition and other program related documentation.
* Manage and support the acquisition process from requirements definition through contract closeout.
* Conduct market research including but not limited to developing RFIs and reviewing responses and industry outreach. Perform analysis of alternatives and economic analysis for implementation of down-selected alternatives. Develop acquisition strategies and plans.
* Develop Federal acquisition documentation including:
* Acquisition Plans and Request For Proposal (RFP) packages based on Statements of Work (SoW), Performance Works Statements (PWS), or Statements of Objectives (SOO).
* Related RFP sections including instructions to offerors, evaluation criteria, and source selection plans.
* Assist in conduct of industry interactions and responses to questions.
* Act as a source selection advisor. Develop source selection training material, participate as an advisor to government source selection teams, and assist with documentation. Develop post award documentation.
* Offer and perform IT related oversight and expertise in:
* IT program management including planning and management of program cost, quality, schedule.
* IT policy
* IT studies and analyses to include IT requirements, business process reengineering, benchmarking with commercial activities, and new technology assessments.
* Support written and oral presentations/briefings to clients on results. Prepare management reports and analysis.
* Active DoD SECRET clearance or above required.
* Experience in Federal acquisition, including preparing: pre-acquisition, RFP, and source selection documents.
* Bachelor degree in information technology, business administration, management, economics, finance or other related field is required.
* 5+ years of work experience, with emphasis in Federal IT acquisition management, is required.
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word and PowerPoint) is required.
* Superior communication skills, both written and oral, including experience giving oral presentations and briefings to clients on results.
* Strong problem solving and analytical skills; must be self-directed and detail oriented.
* Must be comfortable working in a client/consultant environment. Should show increasing levels of job responsibility to a level involving project management.
* Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
* Knowledge of federal IT regulations and requirements such as Clinger-Cohen Act, OMB information technology circulars, and federal acquisition regulations is desirable.
* Experience with State Department or DoD acquisition standards: DOSAR, DoDI5000.02, Defense Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act (DAWIA) certified (or equivalency) is desirable.
* Experience in related tools such as: Microsoft Excel and Project is desirable.
SECURITY CLEARANCE STATEMENT:
Applicants selected for this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Only U.S. Citizens are eligible for a security clearance. For this position, LMI will only consider applicants with security clearances or applicants who are eligible for security clearances.
Arlington, Virginia, United States
LMI is committed to the fair treatment of all and to our policy of providing applicants and employees with equal employment opportunities. LMI recruits, hires, trains, and promotes people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other factors protected by applicable law. We welcome applications for employment from qualified disabled veterans, veterans of the Vietnam era, and other covered veterans.