IT Applications Trainee
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/6/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONIT Applications Trainee (467809)
Engagement Type:Contract to Perm
Education & Licensing
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university preferred. Major in information systems or computer science preferred. Education in interpreting user requirements, business applications design and development of business applications strongly preferred.
No experiencerequired. Specific knowledge of Oracle databases, PL/SQL, C#/C++/C, Open Source, Korn Shell Script, Perl or Progress 4GL highly preferred.
Skills assists in the development and submission of requirements to programmers; and participates in review sessions with IT colleagues.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
* Develops an understanding of company's IT processes and procedures, including the software development life cycle.
* Develops skills and knowledge in required development language to perform assigned tasks.
* Under close supervision, assists in the performance of the following duties:
o Data and system analysis, including loading and balancing creation of derived fields and formatting, process flows and data diagrams.
o Requirement development process and unit testing of simple code units.
o Development and testing of software using Informatica, PL/SQL, Progress, Microsoft.net or other programming languages as specified.
o Investigation of issues and development of resolution in a timely manner with a technical leader.
* Follows per-established departmental standards and guidelines as they pertain to design and development; adheres to the goal of delivering and maintaining the highest quality of customer service to our clients.
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Supports the organization's quality program(s).