IT Asset Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/16/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONWe are looking for IT ASSET MANAGER for our client in DURHAM, NC
JOB TITLE: IT ASSET MANAGER
JOB LOCATION: DURHAM, NC
JOB TYPE: CONTRACT - 12 MONTHS / CONTRACT TO HIRE / DIRECT HIRE
"US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time."
The ideal candidate will possess a combination of IT asset management, IT inventory, IT equipment lease, financial, economic, IT Infrastructure, IT engineering, vendor management and other skills that will provide the detailed & efficient management of the IT Infrastructure asset portfolio in the most cost effective manner.
This role is responsible for ensuring the proper management of the entire IT infrastructure lifecycle of enterprise assets
These duties include, but are not limited to the acquisition, installation, commissioning, maintenance contracts, upgrades, modifications, configuration details, deployment status, replacement and decommissioning/disposal--of physical IT infrastructure assets.
* Interface with IT infrastructure technical leads, IT procurement and service providers for the acquisition/procurement of IT hardware & related products.
* 100% responsible for the IT inventory management function.
* Effectively manage the maintenance of records and databases (CMDB) containing information regarding licenses, warranties, and service agreements for the organization's hardware and software to an accuracy level 99%.Minimize IT organizational cost through product standardization and tracking.
* Track asset & CMDB quality throughout the product lifecycle.
* Familiar with ITAM and ITIL concepts, best practices, and practical operating procedures.
* Develop and implement procedures for tracking company assets to oversee quality control throughout their lifecycles.
* Responsible for the daily and long-term strategic management of software and technology and related IT assets within the organization.
* Plan, monitor, and record softwarelicense and/or hardware assets to ensure compliance with vendor contracts.
* Collect information for lifecycle to include: budgeting, compliance & inventory, contract summaries, and cost comparisons.
* Identify savings opportunities for renewals, softwarelicensing, and services.
* Enter and maintain information in a database format to address budgeting, software
* Compliance and inventory, contracts, and cost.
* Assist in the development of reporting to address management requirements to obtain information.
* Work with the IT Service Support Manager as it relates to asset management, procurement, and deployment of IT assets to provide the customer with the most
* Current, tried, and available technology to fit user's needs.
* Compile statistical metrics for management on a monthly basis.
* Author, document, update, and maintain all SOP's, processes and procedures surrounding IT asset management and deployment services.
* Perform life cycle research, purchasing, and deployment of assets
* Maintenance or development of tracking systems for software or hardware acquisition and related services.
* Contribute continuously to coordinating and governing ITAM processes linked directly to acquiring, receiving, warehousing, distributing, tracking, installing, moving, adding, changing (IMAC), recovering and disposing of IT hardware and/or software assets.
* Ensures proper disposal of hardware assets, including destruction of storage media
* and environmentally sound disposal of remaining components
* Manage equipment migrations and update the CMDB
* Provide lifecycle support and implementation of Service Now Configuration, Asset and Change Management Modules