IT Audit Analyst I (A)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/10/2016
END DATE 1/2/2017
Jersey City, NJ
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob ID: 20160726-7937-RE
Company Name: Verisk Analytics
Verisk has an amazing story to tell Named to Forbes America s Best Employers 2016 List and Forbes World s Most Innovative Companies 2015 List, Verisk is one of only 15 out of 500 companies to appear on both lists. Acknowledgment as a best employer is a testament to the Verisk team around the world. At Verisk, you can build a rewarding career with challenging and meaningful work, create a positive, lasting impact on the business, and find the support, coaching, and training it takes to advance your career. Our commitment to individual choice lets you customize aspects of your career path, your educational opportunities and your benefits. And our culture of innovation means your ideas on how to improve our business will be heard. As key contributors to our success, our team members enjoy working in a business casual, collaborative environment that offers state-of-the-art resources, advanced technologies and an excellent benefits package!
If you re looking for a career that transforms, inspires, challenges, and rewards you, then come join us! Verisk Analytics is a global supplier of risk assessment services and decision analytics for customers in a variety of markets, including insurance, healthcare, financial services, supply chain, and others. At Verisk, you ll be part of an organization that s committed to serving the long-term interests of our stakeholders, including the communities where we operate.
IT Audit, an internal unit of Verisk Analytics (VRSK), performs audit tests and procedures of medium complexity. If you re interested in working with a group of lead auditors while gaining exposure and reporting on various audit issues - we want to talk to you!
Title: IT Audit Analyst
Organizational Unit: Internal Audit
Supervisory Responsibility: No
Performs professional Information Technology auditing work of low to moderate complexity. Work involves conducting performance, financial and compliance audit projects; providing consulting services to the organization s management and staff; Maintains all organizational and professional ethical standards. Works under general supervision with some latitude for initiative and independent judgment.
* Performs risk based audit procedures, including identifying and defining issues, developing criteria, reviewing and analyzing evidence, and documenting client processes and procedures.
* Identifies, develops, and documents (using electronic workpapers) audit issues and recommendations using independent judgment concerning areas being reviewed.
* Develops and maintains productive client and staff relationships through individual contacts and group meetings.
* Pursues professional development opportunities, including external and internal training and professional association memberships, and shares information gained with co-workers.
* Actively contributes to continuous improvement of audit tools & techniques consistent with world class internal audit functions
* Performs related work as assigned by IT Audit Manager.
Bachelor s degree from an accredited college or university (computer science, information systems, accounting or related financial discipline preferred)
* 0 - 2 years Internal Audit and/or practical experience
* Certification as CISA preferred, graduate degree a plus
* Knowledge of and ability to apply internal auditing and technology principles and practices, and management principles and preferred business practices.
* Basic understanding of general system controls (e.g., change management, information security, business continuity planning, system development lifecycle)
* Ability to multitask and manage competing priorities
* Awareness of industry program policies, procedures, regulations and laws
* Ability in collecting and analyzing complex data, evaluating information and systems, and drawing logical conclusions
* Ability to negotiate issues and resolve problems.
* Considerable skill in using Microsoft Office Suite products including Word, and Excel. Ability to use automated audit tools as utilized by IAD is a plus
* Ability to develop effective verbal and written communications, including active listening skills and skill in presenting findings and recommendations
* Ability to establish and maintain harmonious working relationships with co-workers, staff and external contacts, and to work effectively in a professional team environment
* Up to 25% travel required
For more information, visit us at Www.verisk.com/careers
We are offering an excellent compensation package that includes short-term cash incentive. Our competitive benefits package includes full health care options, a 401(k) plan, and generous Paid-Time-Off.
If this opportunity looks exciting and challenging to you, please contact Robin Edelstein (firstname.lastname@example.org) to get more information.
See our website at www.verisk.com for information about our company. All members of the Verisk Analytics Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers.
Verisk Analytics, of which Verisk Insurance Solutions is a division, was ranked by Forbes as the 18th most innovative company in the world. See announcement @ http://www.verisk.com/press-releases-verisk/2015/august-2015/forbes-ranks-verisk-analytics-18th-most-innovative-company-in-the-world.html
Verisk Analytics has also been named to join the S&P 500in 2015. See announcement @ http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-10-01/verisk-jumps-after-being-named-to-replace-joy-global-in-s-p-500
All members of the Verisk Analytics Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected classification.
Bachelors (or equivalent work experience)
Years of Experience