IT Audit Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/1/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
We have partnered with a large Bank in the Buffalo, NY area to provide them with an IT Audit Manager. Canadian and US applicants are welcomed to apply.
* Manage multiple internal audit examinations of the technologies supporting the lines of business and support functions, ensuring the timely and professional execution of the examinations in accordance with professional standards.
Essential Position Responsibilities
* Provide direct managerial oversight to ensure the successful execution of audit examinations in accordance with the department's audit methodology and professional standards.
* Communicate recommendations to improve internal controls and reduce risk to Senior, Middle and Line Management.
* Function as a key player in evolving the strategic direction and tactical implementation of IT Audit's continuous monitoring/continuous auditing program.
* Provide internal control advisory services to bank management.
* Manage staff in the completion of examinations including review of work, preparation and delivery of evaluations, and on the job staff development and training.
* Work with the Audit Department Management Team to set the overall direction of the department including strategic management, budgeting, and development of audit methodology and provide assistance in other special projects as necessary.
* Develop full ownership of assigned auditportfolios, and establish effective relationships with key personnel in these portfolios in order to stay abreast of changing and emerging risks.
Nature and Scope
* This position takes responsibility for effectively communicating control deficiencies for all areas. Lack of appropriate controls could lead to monetary loss for and/or regulatory criticism, which could result in a decrease to the rating by the Federal Reserve Bank.
* This position directly communicates with Senior, Middle and Line Management and External Auditors.
* This position is responsible for the daily supervision of audit staff and to work with Audit Management in setting the overall direction of the department.
* This position is responsible for supervising six to ten professional staff, depending upon the auditportfolios being managed and other assigned responsibilities
* Bachelors Degree in a Business related field - preferably Accounting, Finance, Management Information Systems, or Computer Science or in lieu of degree9years of work experience in the IT AuditTechnology space.
* A minimum of 1year of management experience.
* Thorough knowledge of auditing standards and technology/security focused regulations
* In depth knowledge of IT general controls and application controls.
* Familiarity with auditing widely used server, platform, database, and end point technologies (e.g. Windows Server, Unix/Linux, SQL Server, Oracle DB, VMWare), as well as familiarity with cybersecurity concepts.
* Understanding of IT Governance and IT Risk Management concepts.
* Strong PC skills.
* Knowledge of auditing in the mainframe environment is a plus.
* A minimum of 5years of management experience.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Ability to interact with all levels of management including Executive Management.
* Proven leadership skills, with the ability to develop and motivate teams.
* Strong analytical, negotiating, and technical skills. Has the ability to handle conflict from varying parties up to and including Senior Management.
* Strong organizational and resource management skills. Successfully integrates objectives, opportunities and resources.
* Working knowledge of the business applications, infrastructure .
About Relevante, Inc. - the Recruiting Firm Representing the Client for this Job
Relevante is an accounting & technology direct hire recruiting and contractstaffing firm. We help our Clients identify and recruit the best talent in the market and help our candidates win engaging and enriching jobs. Our Clients are some of the best companies to work for among F1000 and emerging fast growth companies in the region. Relevante has been consistently ranked as a fast growth company and one of the largest recruiting, accounting, and management consulting firms in the Philadelphia region.