IT Audit Manager, Global Internal Audit Job
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 10/9/2016
Boston Scientific Corporation
Arden Hills, MN
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY PRIMARY LOCATION: US-MN-Arden Hills
ADDITIONAL LOCATIONS: (n/a)
REQUISITION ID: 286655
The IT Audit Manager will be responsible for planning, organizing and executing internal audits throughout the Company (including IT system and upgrade/implementation reviews, internal control/compliance reviews, and consulting/risk assessment projects). Entities reviewed include corporate and divisional functions, acquisitions, manufacturing plants, distribution centers and regional sales offices.
- Obtain understanding of the business areas and information systems under review and the risks associated with those areas in order to develop effective risk based audit approach.
- Work closely with other Global Internal Audit leaders in developing the project risk assessment for the project plan and scope on assigned engagements, documenting project scope and drafting applicable audit procedures and approach.
- Apply audit methodology consistently to all engagements and contribute innovative ideas in an effort to continuously improve the methodology.
- Establish clear expectations with teams for each engagement to ensure audits, related deliverables and associated documentation are completed timely and thoroughly. Clearly communicate priorities to the team and perform review of audit team member work papers.
- Perform various audit procedures to assess the following as it relates to the business areas and information systems under review:
- Adequacy of internal and IT control environment
- Efficiency/effectiveness of business processes
- Accuracy of financial statements
- Compliance with Company policies and procedures and external rules and regulations
- Other areas on an as needed basis.
- Assess the impact/risk associated with any areas of concern identified through the audit process and propose recommendations to address these risks.
- Work with management to develop appropriate corrective actions for any areas of concern.
- Prepare or review deliverables to ensure they are presented in a clear, concise manner that effectively communicates to all relevant levels of management.
- Lead internal project teams as assigned and/or participate as a team member on projects requested by management.
- Develop close working relationships with various levels of management, acting as problem solving resource, while continuously sharing best practices and areas for improvement.
- Partner with Corporate and local management to improve Company Policies & Procedures.
- Proactively identify opportunities where GIA can add value to the Company as well as ways in which GIA can internally improve.
- Communicate and present effectively both formally with business management as well as informally within GIA.
- Partner with external auditors as required through SOX 404 and year-end audit processes.
- Support educational and training needs of GIA staff.
- Assist in staff recruitment initiatives.
- Work effectively and efficiently in a team environment.
- Exhibit enthusiasm in taking on special projects at management's request.
- Exhibit flexibility and agility in daily tasks and overall schedule.
- Be a proactive and positive change-agent within Global Internal Audit and BSC.
- Provide regular and constructive feedback to staff on what they performed well and areas that could be improved in the future.
- Consider feedback received and leverage in future activities and projects.
- Build Quality into all aspects of work by maintaining compliance to quality requirements.
- Demonstrate BSC core values and follow the IIA code of ethics at all times.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems and/or Accounting, or related degree.
- CISA strongly preferred. CIA, CISSP and/or CPA preferred.
- Five to eight years of progressive experience and proven success within a large, complex, multi-national company. Public Accounting/Consulting experience required. Big Four firm experience preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience related to Information Systems risks, controls and auditing. Strong knowledge of IT general controls, application controls and information security.
- Solid understanding of the relationship of information systems, internal controls and businessprocesses with financial statement assertions, including a solid understanding of SOX 404 controls and the underlying risks.
- Understanding of effective application of accounting principles, regulations and financial analysis.
- Strong project/time management skills with the ability to organize and handle multiple priorities.
- Foreign language skills and experience living or working abroad a plus.
- 15-25% travel
QUALITY SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS:
In all actions, demonstrates a primary commitment to patient safety and product quality by maintaining compliance to the Quality Policy and all other documented quality processes and procedures.
PURPOSE & PASSION AMAZING BENEFITS WORK HARD/PLAY HARD COMMUNITY CAREER GROWTH!
Boston Scientific, a $7B Fortune 500 Company, is a global medical technology leader. For more than 30 years, we advance science for life by providing a broad range of high performance solutions that address unmet patient needs and reduce the cost of healthcare.
At Boston Scientific, we offer an energy-filled, collaborative and innovative environment. We are 25,000 colleagues in 40 countries across six continents. Together, we're one global team. Everything we do demonstrates purpose and passion towards a shared mission of transforming lives through meaningful innovation.
- CAREER GROWTH - We are focused on individual career growth with a strong track record of mentoring and developing high performing talent for a broad range of opportunities, both locally and internationally
- COMMUNITY - Join our collaborative and diverse Employee Resource Groups ("ERGs"). We are dedicated to social responsibility, and through these groups we are connected to local communities through volunteering opportunities and inspiring events. Our ERGs support our caring value; create a fun, diverse and all-inclusive work culture; and offer a rich environment to foster networking and develop your leadership skills.
- NEVER A DULL MOMENT - Our company has great global momentum and this reflects our winning spirit of seeing opportunity everywhere and driving positive change! We offer an exciting future focused on high performance results through interesting and challenging work.
- STATE-OF-THE-ART OFFICES - Our company now has 10 LEED certified green buildings around the globe, with our Marlborough corporate office being the first site to receive Gold certification for its best-in-class green construction. Besides a high environmentally quality workspace, we also offer collaborative workspaces and wellness amenities.
- QUALITY OF LIFE - We strive to create work- life balance and offer summer hours and opportunities for flexible-work arrangements.
- OTHER AMAZING PERKS! - 6% 401K match with immediate vesting, fitness center with 24/7 access, on-site daycare with discount tuition rates, on-site banking, dry cleaning services and many more.
Boston Scientific (NYSE: BSX) transforms lives through innovative medical solutions that improve the health of patients around the world. As a global medical technology leader for more than 30 years, we advance science for life by providing a broad range of high performance solutions that address unmet patient needs and reduce the cost of healthcare.
Boston Scientific is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Posting Notes: US-MN-Arden Hills||(n/a)||Finance||(n/a)
Nearest Major Market: Minneapolis
Job Segment: Audit, Internal Audit, Consulting, Information Systems, Manager, Finance, Technology, Management