IT Audit Senior
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/16/2016
END DATE 11/15/2016
Stanley Black & Decker
New Britain, CT
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
JOB TITLE: IT AUDIT SENIOR
Performs in-charge type responsibilities for Information Technology (IT) audits of various Stanley Black & Decker functions and business units to identify significant IT risks, assesses the adequacy and effectiveness of IT controls in place to address such risks, and to verify compliance with applicable external regulations as well as Stanley Black & Decker IT policies, standards, and procedures.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Performing IT related audits and when and if applicable supervising assigned team members on audits performed in accordance with department and professional standards while providing guidance on identifying and prioritizing key risks related to IT exposures;
* Assisting with the development of an audit plan that covers significant IT risks and allocates resources appropriately while ensuring that the audit approach is effective;
* Effectively managing audit customer relationships and keeping informed of changes in the business;
* Understanding the company s key IT environmental, strategic and operational risks;
* Performing timely performance evaluations and reviews of work papers when and if applicable;
* Drafting written reports to management.
* Bachelor's Degree preferably with an emphasis in Information Technology or Information Systems
* 3-5 years experience in auditing with at least 3 years of experience in IT auditing/supervising or equivalent information technology experience with an understanding of audit, internal control, risk and governance principles
* Knowledge of distributed computing (Windows, UNIX) concepts and controls, including areas such as change control, systems development life cycle, database management systems, cloud, operating systems, information security, and computer operations
* Experience implementing and/or auditing SAP systems.
* Professional designation (CISA, CIA or CISSP).
* Demonstrates knowledge of IT risks/issues/technologies and related audit processes. Has an ability to understand the business context for IT products and services. Understands internal organization and operations; demonstrates awareness of business changes and priorities. Continuously seeks to assess and improve an adequate IT internal control environment.
* Sends, receives and interprets information clearly, accurately, thoroughly, and effectively.
* Takes a proactive approach to meeting customer needs while continuing to maintain an independent audit objectively. Establishes "partner" relationship to help customer achieve goals.
* Matches individuals skills in positions; assists with development of employees to full potential; recognizes and rewards performance fairly and equitably; effectively communicates strengths as well as development needs.
* Inspires others to action by articulating a clear direction or vision; achieves a desired goal through directing activities of others; practices participative management; models behaviors required for success and supports a stable and open workplace.
* Looks for new ways to accomplish objectives. Doesn t stop at the obvious, goes to the next step. Is good at conceptual thinking. Creates innovative solutions to customer challenges.
* Ability to plan, implement, monitor and control a project; manages human and material resources to produce specified results.
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
EEO Statement All qualified applicants that apply for Stanley Black & Decker will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.