IT Automation Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/25/2016
END DATE 10/24/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY IT Process Automation Engineer
Alkermes, Inc. is a fully integrated, global biopharmaceutical company that applies its scientific expertise and proprietary technologies to develop innovative medicines that improve patient outcomes. The company has a diversified portfolio of more than 20 commercial drug products and a substantial clinical pipeline of product candidates that address central nervous system (CNS) disorders such as addiction, schizophrenia and depression. Headquartered in Dublin, Ireland, Alkermes has an R&D center and US headquarters in Waltham, Massachusetts and manufacturing facilities in Athlone, Ireland, and Wilmington, Ohio. For more information, please visit Alkermes website at www.alkermes.com .
Alkermes is seeking a Process Automation engineer for our Wilmington, OH site with responsibility to provide support for systems related to Manufacturing, Clinical, Utilities, Lab, and Pilot Plant Operations. Maintain standard software applications and custom modifications, resolve applications issues, conduct application training, support development of related SOPs, and support software systems validation in a GMP environment.
Minimum Education & Experience Requirements:
* Basic understanding and experience with automated manufacturing systems
* Bachelor degree preferred (Engineering or Computer Science); or degree in process, with 1 - 3 years experience on automated manufacturing systems
* Assist in the planning, development, and deployment of Process Automation solutions
* Apply knowledge and support for 21CFR part 11 and Good Manufacturing Practices
* Experience with Siemens or Rockwell automation systems a plus
* PLC and HMI programming experience a plus
* Experience with vision systems a plus
* Write documentation and assisting with validation of above systems
* Perform support (with some after hour on-call), change control, and applicable maintenance of above systems
Personal Attributes Needed:
* Technically, detail oriented
* Motivated to provide positive results and to excel
* Understand technical details of manufacturing systems
* Excellent analytical problem solver
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Physical Demands / Working Conditions / Required Travel:
* This position mainly operates in an office environment with occasional work on the plant floor
* The noise level in the work environment is typically low to moderate
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
* The travel requirements for this job are low; expected domestic travel 1-2 times per year
Alkermes, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant because of race, creed, color, age, national origin, ancestry, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, veteran status, military status, application for military service or any other class protected by state or federal law.