IT Business Analyst II
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/9/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
The IT Business Analyst II is responsible to provide more complex support between internal business teams and the Information Technology teams. Collect, organize, and provide analysis and evaluation of existing or proposed systems and devices to process data. Prepare charts and diagrams to assist in problem analysis and submits recommendations for solution. Develop detailed program specifications and flowcharts, and coordinates the system's installation with the user department, ensuring satisfactory results. Assist IT staff to define and document IT processes.
EEO / VETERANS / DISABLED
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES:
* Analyzes existing business processes and procedures, formulate, and share best practices and assist the business departments in defining, establishing, and promoting business policies and standards.
* Research and compile information for business case studies, feasibility, cost and Return on Investment (ROI) analysis on behalf of the business teams.
* Participate in new software buy versus build decisions, evaluate new software products, and recommend software solutions that best meet the current and future needs of the business.
* Interviews business stakeholders to define business requirements for approved projects.
* Interviews business stakeholders and translates business and functional requirements into a comprehensive business Test Plan
* Document business requirements.
* Bachelor s degree preferred.
* Knowledge of business analysis methodologies, such as processes for requirements definition, business/systems analysis, and business test planning.
* Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel. Prefer knowledge of process flow chart software, such as Microsoft Visio.
* 3-5 years of Business Analysis preferred, including developing business requirements, developing test plans, solving business problems and/or identifying business process improvement opportunities.
* System implementation experience is preferred
* Demonstrated ability to identify business process inefficiencies, research and analyze solutions, and evaluate and present alternatives and recommendations
* Knowledge of how systems and technology can be leveraged to solve business problems. An understanding of how systems and technology work and support business practices.
* Exhibits strong oral and written communication skills. Formal meeting or informal business discussion facilitation and public speaking.
* Business problem solving skills
* Ability to adapt to changes in project priority and direction.
* Demonstrates strong judgment and decision making skills.
* Demonstrates strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color or any other protected class.