IT Capability Manager (Project Management) - Senior
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 10/8/2016
Ft Huachuca, AZ
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Designated a 2016 Military Friendly® Employer
NCI: As an IT Capability Manager (Project Management) Senior ( Project Manager IV ), you will provide services in support of the U.S. Army Network Enterprise Technology Command (NETCOM). You will support the design, development, engineering, integration, and technical and operational support to employ specified Nonsecure Internet Protocol Router Network (NIPRNET), SECRET Internet Protocol Router Network (SIPRNET), and Deployed Forces (DF) Army Land Warrior Network (LandWarNet) capabilities across all echelons of the Army's portion of the Department of Defense Information Network (DODIN). You will support NETCOM in applying architecture to Army Enterprise programs at various life cycle stages. Additionally, you will provide integration support for existing and new Army Enterprise capabilities to infuse new capabilities into the NETCOM Regional Cyber Centers (RCC), Network Enterprise Centers (NEC) and Deployed Forces. You will provide support to the planning, concept and requirements development, implementation, and incorporation of Enterprise capabilities into the Army's portion of the DODIN. You will review Enterprise concepts/designs, provide recommendations, and coordinate results with the NETCOM staff. You will review the Army and DoD policies, processes, and procedures to support standard implementation of enterprise capabilities. In support of Emerging Strategies, you will review, analyze and provide recommendations to utilize new initiatives and best practices to improve areas within program management. In assuming this position, you will be a critical contributor to meeting NCI's mission: To deliver innovative, cost-effective solutions and services that enable our customers to rapidly adapt to dynamic environments. This position is located in Fort Huachuca, Arizona; relocation assistance, while not guaranteed, may be available.
Highlights of Responsibilities:
* Review, analyze and provide Project Management recommendations to include: operational and functional requirements, concepts, architecture, support structures, business processes, defining courses of action, developing or analyzing case studies, and new strategies, and providing revisions to existing network infrastructure, integration plans, and implementation plans.
* Develop and maintain a Project Plan, WBS, Integrated Schedule, track and document project implementation activities using established Gov. guidelines and reporting procedures.
* Develop, write, edit, proofread, and provide comments to Army and Joint technical documents prior to publication which include: CONOPS, Project Charter, RACI charts, FRD, SDP, ETP, CCRM Plan, manuals, briefs, information papers, decision papers, other project management docs.
* Draft a risk management plan and prepare risk assessments, analysis, studies, and recommendations for Government approval.
* Review and provide comments to the POA&Ms provided by Army Functional and NETCOM subordinates for issues such as non-applied IAVMs, hot fixes, patches, and System Center updates.
* Maintain and update project database records with data reflecting appropriate configuration items (data elements) for each of the assigned tool sets to include the related equipment, warranties, contract award dates, serial numbers, locations, and licenses in support of lifecycle maintenance.
* Assist the Gov. in validating spend plans and quantifying equipment and associated costs and provide recommendations for Command improvements to reduce overall costs, including input to business case analysis, cost benefit analysis, and e-business solutions.
* Develop and update RMF and Networthiness documentation and complete the artifacts for RMF acceptance. Routinely provide reporting within the FISMA process and updates to the Certification and Tracking Database. Register, monitor, and update the system being implemented in the Army Portfolio Management System (APMS) database.
* During the RMF process, obtain a system scorecard from the identified independent authority, develop and compile the certification determination and artifacts, develop the POA&M, track the accreditation decision, collect and submit finalized RMF package and then disseminate the decision to all the system stakeholders.
* Review, analyze and provide recommendations to utilize new initiatives and best practices to improve areas within program management.
* Current Information Assurance (IA) certification (required at performance start date): IAM I (CAP, GSLC, CompTIA Security+ CE). IA Certification Category and Level (IAW DoD 8570.10-M and BBP 05-PR-M-0002).
* Clearance (required at performance start date): IT Level III (in accordance with AR 25-2) SECRET T3 (Formerly NACLC).
* Bachelor's Degree in IT with eight (8) years practical experience or twelve (12) years of direct relevant technical experience may be substituted for education.
Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn
It is the policy of NCI to provide equal opportunity in recruiting, hiring, training, and promoting individuals in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected class or category as may be defined by federal, state, or local laws or regulations. In addition, we affirm that all compensation, benefits, company-sponsored training, educational assistance, social, and recreational programs are administered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, or gender identity. It is our firm intent to support equal employment opportunity and affirmative action in keeping with applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
The information above has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within the classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position.