IT Category Specialist
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
First American Financial Corporation (NYSE: FAF) is a leading provider of title insurance and settlement services to the real estate and mortgage industries, that traces its heritage back to 1889. First American and its affiliated companies also provide title plant management services; title and other real property records and images; valuation products and services; home warranty products; property and casualty insurance; and banking, trust and investment advisory services. With revenues of $5 billion in 2013, the company offers its products and services directly and through its agents and partners in all 50 states and abroad. More information about the company can be found at www.firstam.com.
The IT Category Specialist is responsible for facilitating the contract life cycle, which includes review of contract terms and conditions ensuring compliance with company policies, changes and modifications and the enforcement of performance clauses, including penalties and incentives, and secure Contract approval. The IT Category Specialist must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with frequent tight deadlines under minimal supervision and must also be comfortable working collaboratively, efficiently and effectively with both internal clients and external vendors.
* Responsible for facilitating IT Vendor Contract lifecycle. Prepare, negotiate and manage contracts and apply legal concepts and learning to new contract scenarios.
* Contribute to the maintenance of a database of all executed vendor contracts with effective dates, schedules, costs and actionable follow-up activities such as 30 day notice to terminate and annual cost escalators for budget purposes.
* Matrix and obtain assignments from Direct Supervisor and/or IT Category Management team. Provide status and seek guidance and direction for support.
* Validate contract terms, conditions, modifications, penalties and incentives, meet key stakeholders requirements.
* Additionally, this position manages the contract execution process, resolving problems, mitigating delays, mediating disputes, escalating issue and obtaining authorizations.
* Assist with the development Scope of Work (SOWs).
* Assist with the development and final versions of requests for information (RFI), requests for quotations and request for proposals, (RFP), as well as managing the contract development and negotiation process for IT sourcing and procurement initiatives.
* Assist budget support activities by providing hardware, software costs, while tracking a annual maintenance/support costs (hardware and software) with associations to the appropriate cost centers.
* Must demonstrate a general understanding of contracting market trends and concepts.
* Provide recommendations for improvements to processes, procedures, workflow and organizational structures for contract management.
* Administer financial arrangements with vendors to include billing, invoicing, performance/penalty adjustments and internal charge-backs, where appropriate.
* Work with legal representatives to develop and insert appropriate legal documentation, terms and conditions in contracts, as warranted to properly protect the interests, IP, and assets of the company.
* Ensure that the vendor(s) are compliant with internal rules and regulatory obligations.
Primary Work Arrangements
* This role requires interactions with IT and with business leaders. These will include the office of the CIO, VP of Infrastructure and Application Development, legal, compliance and principles within vendor organizations.
* The category specialist works extensively with internal customers, legal, procurement and accounts payable to ensure effective contract administration and that an accurate, detailed SOW is included in customer contracts.
* Working with vendors could be delivering IT products (hardware or software) or IT services (consulting, technical implementations, and application development).
* Contracts can range from commodity products and services, non-disclosure agreements, transfer agreements to moderately complex contracts and contract schedules.
* Great opportunity for someone coming from the Associate Attorney level field seeking Corporate Contracts/Sourcing *
Bachelor s degree in computer science, management information systems (or related field), or equivalent experience.
* Minimum two years experience in a corporate environment.
* Experience in one or more IT categories, including hardware, software, service and communication is preferred.
* Experience working with legal and procurement staff is preferred
* Knowledge of procurement and vendor management practices and certifications is a plus.
* An ability to determine contractual and financial exposure and negotiate contracts
* Strong project and process management skills, with the ability to handle multiple vendors and multiple contracts, as well as a wide range of tasks.
* Knowledge of contracting trends, licensing models, and traditional and emerging contract and vendor performance models is a plus.
* Strong ability to communicate with IT users, legal and procurement staff, and business leaders to craft contracts that align complex needs with contractual requirements to achieve business outcomes.
* Ability to understand contract risks and to work with other parts of the organization to ensure company policies and guidelines
* Customer-focused approach to delivering contract management services to internal customers.
* Strong relationship and interpersonal skills to be applied in working with vendors across the entire contract life cycle.
* Familiarity with asset management lifecycle practices that include hardware and software inventories, lease administration, and software licensing compliance controls/expense management.
* Vendor risk management experience.
* Experience in Financial industry is a preferred.
* Creative and self-motivated
* Strong analytical skills
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Disciplined, organized, and flexible
* Team Player
* Adept in working with MS Office and various databases