IT Consultant 9/12/2016
Boca Raton, FL
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Responsibilities:* Create innovative, multi-disciplinary technical/ functional solutions to unprecedented problems and devise solutions for the most complex and highest risk business situations
* Serve as a credible expert advisor to executives on the use of current and future technologies for optimal impact on current and future business strategies and results
* Advise functional leaders and executives as company's highest level resource for making strategic investments in applications, databases, technologies, systems, programs, or processes
* Act on own initiative and awareness of market conditions and technical innovations to provide solutions to problems before they occur
* Perform as company's highest level expert in 2-3 IT disciplines, platforms, technology, systems, or processes.
* Serve as the ultimate escalation resource for the most complex problems with significant business and financial consequences
* Primary influence to the highest levels of the organization on projects and initiatives directly affecting enterprise revenue and profitability
* Maintains a detailed knowledge of current best practices and emerging trends within the technical architecture and application development arenas. Maintains awareness and understanding of relevant emerging technologies.
* Primary responsibility for creating or expanding relationships with major vendors, suppliers, regulators, or other critical external organizations
* Understands and is proficient with company procedures for documenting new initiatives with complex business cases and detailed ROI models to gain IT, Business Unit and Executive Committee agreement and approval to proceed. Qualifications:* Bachelors degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience in a related field. Graduate degree preferred
* Minimum of 10 years experience in IT systems or applications development
* Minimum of 8 years experience designing, developing, and deploying large scale systems on multiple platforms
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Proven experience solving complex problems in a multi-platform systems environment
* Demonstrated comprehensive expert knowledge and exceptional insight into the information technology industry
* Thorough and in-depth understanding of security legislation that affects our businesses, including, but not limited to Sarbanes-Oxley, Payment Card Industry regulations, Customer Data Protection regulations, Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), and contemporary security legislation activities that may impact future plans.
* Proven experience in formal bargaining and negotiation of high risk opportunities
* Conceive, design, and create new tools, products, or processes in a deep specialty or as an expert integrator of systems to meet business needs
* Proven leadership in development of performance measures, test plans, quality assurance methodology and product release criteria based on user requirements Pay, Benefits and Work Schedule:Office Depot offers competitive salaries, a benefits package, which includes a 401(k) and more, along with plenty of opportunity to move and grow within our organization! For immediate consideration for this exciting position, please click the Apply Now button. Equal Employment Opportunity:Office Depot is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in all employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status, gender identify or expression, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law. .