IT Customer Support
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/26/2016
END DATE 1/18/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
Decypher is a leading integrator of professional, technology, and management solutions and services. We provide our services globally to Federal, Commercial, Local and State clients. Our employees are our most valuable asset and play an integral role in the success of Decypher and our clients. Working at Decypher is not a job, but a career where your talent and energy is respected and you can personally make a difference. Decypher invites you to join our professional team. Decypher is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce (M/F/D/V).
Decypher is seeking IT Customer Service Technician candidates to support the USDA at Philadelphia, PA
* Will follow APHIS IT incident handling standard operating procedures in the provision of daily remote or desk-side technical support for government issued IT hardware and software installation, troubleshooting, maintenance, repair, problem resolution, end-user remote or desk-side coaching, vulnerability patching, cyber security enforcement, image deployment, and in support of conference and training room equipment.
* Services will also include Windows file server setup, repair, lifecycle management, and maintenance.
* Actively engage customers utilizing appropriate listening, self-control, and empathy skills when providing IT support to all ATAC customers
* Be friendly and courteous when answering questions and assisting customers. They should demonstrate patience and provide the customer with a positive experience.
* Be team players who are willing to work with other employees. They should maintain good working relationships with other APHIS workgroups.
* Provide prompt and courteous assistance to all ATAC customers that included government employees, the regulated community, and members of the general public.
* Be willing to learn new things as the business and support environments change.
* Will provide virtual support to all customers that request assistance through the ATAC toll free telephone number or via the APHIS enterprise Information Technology Service Management Tool (ITSM).
* Route 98% of incidents correctly. 2% or less misroute rate not to include those caused by misdirection by Federal IT Customer Service Specialists or inaccuracies in support request impacting routing
* Communicates clearly, courteously, and effectively with managers, co-workers, and customers. No more than 2 valid complaints per month
* 95% of all owned incidents/service requested are resolved within established time frames as defined within the APHIS IT Incident handling standard operating procedures
* Customer requests for guidance are handled in an appropriate manner and in alignment with APHIS standards, policies and procedures at least 98% of the time.
* Managers, co-workers, and customers are regularly kept informed of status and any outstanding issues per APHIS and USDA guidelines and APHIS IT incident handling standard operating procedures
* Incidents are resolved to satisfaction of customers with no more than 2 valid complaints per month.
* Incidents are categorized correctly with an error rate of less than 2% of total incidents closed by specialist per month.
* Incidents are resolved within timelines illustrated in the APHIS Incident Handling Standard Operating Procedures with a failure rate of less than 5% of incidents closed per month.
* 3years of experience using enterprise help desk incident management software. The system currently being used in APHIS is ServiceNow.
* 3 years of experience in hardware troubleshooting/installation.
* 3 years of experience in software troubleshooting/installation, including office productivity suites and client server database applications.
* 5 years of experience using Windows-based operating systems in a Windows network service environment.
* Experienced in network client support in WAN, LAN, and home environments, over UTP and wireless Ethernet connections.
* Experienced in the use and support of collaboration tools, such as Live Meeting, Lync/OCS, UCCX, CUCI.
* Experienced in the use of remote support tools. Some of the tools used in APHIS include RDP, Bomgar, and Lync/OCS.