IT Desktop Support Technician
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/20/2016
END DATE 11/10/2016
Encompass Digital Media
JOB DESCRIPTIONIT Desktop Support Technician
* Provide professional, prompt and courteous end user assistance for all computing devices and applications.
* Handle IT on boarding process for new users.
* Provide hardware and software support for end user systems.
* Troubleshoot and replace hardware, hard drives, memory, and other networking peripherals.
* Install operation systems, reload, desktops and notebooks.
* Utilize helpdesk ticket system to log, track and resolve issues. Also track hardware and software assets.
* Work with counterparts in other company facilities to provide a consistent and ideal user experience.
* Assist senior IT staff with tasks and projects as necessary.
* Strive to meet/exceed SLA s and adhere to established deployment/usage policies.
* Identify and escalate situations requiring urgent attention.
* Other duties as assigned
* Minimum 3 years of experience in a corporate computer support position.
* Strong knowledge of Microsoft Windows 7/8 and Office applications 2010/2013
* Strong knowledge of MAC computer and Office for MAC applications.
* Basic IP networking knowledge and troubleshooting
* Install, modify, and repair computer hardware and software.
* Experience with trouble ticket based workflows.
* Experience with PC imaging software.
* Basic knowledge of Active Directory management console for user administration.
* Ability to prioritize and process a large number of calls and tickets.
* Ability to work with users of all levels.
* Eager and helpful attitude a must.
REQUIRED SKILLS, EDUCATION AND/OR CERTIFICATIONS
* Exceptional Customer service skills
* MS Certification A+ and or 1-2 year s related experience with basic computer hardware
* Exceptional written and oral skills
* Experience with Desktop systems and Windows current operating systems
* Strong Documentation skills
* Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
* Ability to lift 25 pounds
* Valid driver s license and personal vehicle for short trips to nearby facility.
PREFERRED SKILLS, EDUCATION, AND/OR CERTIFICATIONS
* CompTIA Network +
* MS Office Application Certification
* Associate s degree in computer science or equivalent
250 Harbor Drive
Stamford, Connecticut, 6902
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Encompass, a leader in digital media services, owns and operates state-of-the-art, broadcast facilities throughout the United States, Latin America, United Kingdom and Asia. The company s mission-critical, media services provide broadcasters, cable networks, corporations and government entities with customized solutions for the management and distribution of content.
Encompass Digital Media is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. M/F/Disability/Veteran