IT Desktop Systems Specialist
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 10/12/2016
ARRIS Group, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY RESPONSIBILITIES
* Support users who are experiencing problems with their computers or software. Support can be provided in person, over the phone or online.
* Responsible for daily Working on incoming fault tickets and installation of new PC's and peripherals.
* Acts as a liaison between the customer, and other technical groups to resolve Desktop/Laptop problems. Implements operational support standards and procedures relating to change, performance management and security.
* Ability to manage Customers/end users when resolving Operating System, application and network connectivity problems. Recommends changes and improvements to existing standards. Keeps abreast of emerging operational support technologies and industry trends.
* Be involved in upgrade projects and be flexible working in a growing and developing environment.
Minimum 2 years of hands-on experience.
Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills.
Excellent documentation and verbal communication skills required.
In-depth understanding of Windows 2003/2008/2012 Server, Windows 7 and Windows 10.
Understanding of Windows servers.
Understanding of Active Directory.
Full understanding of the TCP/IP stack and protocols.
Should have knowledge of Apple Mac OS.
Full understanding of mobile OS Apple IOS and Android.
Ability to conduct an analysis of LANs, WANs, wireless, servers and desktops.
Bachelors degree in computer science preferred
Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
1 years PC Support experience
As an EOE/AA employer, ARRIS will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicants race, color, religion, sex, national origin, and veteran or disability status.